(Topic ID: 147737)

WPC-S Boardset

By ejacques

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So....I just picked up a No Fear that has zero boards in the head. What's the prevailing opinion....aftermarket boards or originals? What's a full boardset likely to run if I try to find originals?

Ed

#2 8 years ago

Full rottendog with pinsound 1k. With regular sound 875 and youll have to do some searching on the sound board. I just did the same price out on dr who arcadeshop llc for that price. No fear may not deserve a brand new everything. You might contact johnwartjr (i think thats his pinside name) and ask him for a price on a full set of refurb boards for it, probably alot less.

#3 8 years ago

Hopefully the security chip is available.

#4 8 years ago

Security chip should be no problem from shiftedbits.com

Approx cost

A good DCS board is $250-300
    A good CPU is $250-300
    Driver board $200
    Display driver board $75
    Fliptronics board $75

Don't think I have anything in stock at the moment

#5 8 years ago

Thanks all! This one is going to take quite a while to get up and running anyways. No boards, no transformer, no dmd, missing the flipper on the ramp. No translite or lockdown bar either. But hard to argue with dirt cheap, clean not terribly faded cabinet and very nice looking playfield.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Thanks all! This one is going to take quite a while to get up and running anyways. No boards, no transformer, no dmd, missing the flipper on the ramp. No translite or lockdown bar either. But hard to argue with dirt cheap, clean not terribly faded cabinet and very nice looking playfield.

I was going to say hopefully it was free or just a few hundred bc u can get a nice working one for around 1700 . Looks like you may have 1000-1200 to get in missing parts and lots of work to do . Good luck with everything and I may be able to help with a cheap dmd .

#7 8 years ago

Not quite free....but certainly close enough. And over time I've stockpiled enough random trade parts where this should get interesting. I just know it's a fun game with tons of speed...which suits me.

#8 8 years ago

I've had my fair share of projects like that, including an I500 that took better than 2 years to find all the parts to put back together. Not sure I ever made out better $$ wise than I would've just buying a working game - but I learned a lot and had a lot of fun along the way. Good luck!

I might have some of the boards as time goes along - I know, for example, I have a driver I could fix - but the rest of them, I'd have to look at what's left after selling a lot of my stockpiles, and see if I could piece a set together.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've had my fair share of projects like that, including an I500 that took better than 2 years to find all the parts to put back together. Not sure I ever made out better $$ wise than I would've just buying a working game - but I learned a lot and had a lot of fun along the way. Good luck!
    I might have some of the boards as time goes along - I know, for example, I have a driver I could fix - but the rest of them, I'd have to look at what's left after selling a lot of my stockpiles, and see if I could piece a set together.

Yea ive did a few pins that needed alot and in the end I cld of bought a nice example for what I had in it . However I enjoyed doing all the work and bringing another pin back to life .

#10 8 years ago

I have some good clean used WPC driver boards if you need one.

And the security chips are still available from me. www.shiftedbits.com.

#11 8 years ago

The hard part is not the boards...... It's that transformer. I had to get one from europe and when it arrives will need to hack it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.