• Latest reply 3 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Schematic (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi all, my Getaway has been having an issue with Opto 2 in the supercharger and I finally figured out it's because Row 2 is showing 73.5v instead of 11.5-12v. I had been focusing on the MPU and Accelerator Board (swapped the LM339's) but after disconnecting the ribbon cable between the MPU and Power Driver Board, the voltage was normal. I swapped out the Power Driver Board from my Fish Tales and everything works.

Any ideas what would be causing the high voltage issue? It looks like there are a 2 - 4N25 chips in the circuit so I'm guessing one or both went bad? I tested the resistors with my DMM and they seem to be fine. Do people socket 4N25's or solder them directly on the board. The C2 capacitor is also showing signs of leakage which I heard causes some switch matrix issues. Just wanted to get some more opinions if anything else could be causing this issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Schematic (resized).jpgSchematic (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

If the C2 capacitor is leaking that’s the main suspect and to test a resistor you must remove one one off the board.But C2 is the culprit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-row-2-has-735v-in-switch-matrix-power-driver-board-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.