6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Unrelated (directly) to my game, I'm in the process of repairing one-each of these, and wondering if some folks can clarify:

(1) On the Pre-DCS, there is one large inductor. (L1) Manual lists it as a 4.7uH 3A. Doing a Digikey/Mouser search reveals nothing nearly as large as the one on the audio board. Anyone know of the proper replacement? Or will one of the newer, smaller ones work? (I know frequency, core, wire size all matters here.. So I'm not sure one of the smaller ones would work without issue.

(2) The Pre-DCS board uses a 1875 Amplifier. The DCS boards use two TDA2030 amps. The pinout between these two are the same, and googl searching does say that 1875's can replace a TDA2030. (The 1875s are still produced. TDA20x0 amps aren't.) Anyone know if that's the case, or am I stuck with a pulled TDA amp?

-Mike

#2 6 years ago

Ed at GPE has them.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

(1) On the Pre-DCS, there is one large inductor. (L1) Manual lists it as a 4.7uH 3A. Doing a Digikey/Mouser search reveals nothing nearly as large as the one on the audio board. Anyone know of the proper replacement? Or will one of the newer, smaller ones work? (I know frequency, core, wire size all matters here.. So I'm not sure one of the smaller ones would work without issue.

I believe it's the same one as on the MPU, this one will work just fine:
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/API-Delevan/2474R-09L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsg%252by3WlYCkU10zULi2q%252bDXSRLFQQy2Kow%3d

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Ah, cool, thanks!
    My Pre-DCS board had it's inductor ripped off, hence why I'm finding a new one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-pre-dcs-dcs-audio-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.