Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I would like to patch the game L-5 ROM for my Getaway. I downloaded the patch program and unzipped it on my windows 10 PC. I downloaded and unzipped the unmodded L-5 ROM. I understand I have to use the command prompt in windows to run the .exe patch file, but I am stuck and cannot figure out how to run the program to make the patched version of the ROM. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to run the program in windows to make the patched version of the rom. Thanks kindly for your help.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks. I believe I understand the syntax string, my problem is just figuring out how to actually run the program from the windows command prompt. Thanks.

#7 6 years ago

Ok. I did all the above and entered “wpclp GETAW_L5.ROM GETAW_G5.ROM” and got error message saying wpclp is not recognized as an operable program. Bummer.

#9 6 years ago

I typed in the .exe file extension but got same error message, not an operable program. I even re- downloaded and extracted the patch file again but same error.

#11 6 years ago

Yes I believe so. I had the directory with the extracted .exe file and the unmodified Getaway ROM file on the main window. The small black command prompt string was on top of the main window.

#13 6 years ago

Success! I finally got to the correct directory that contained the executable files and successfully created a new patched Game ROM for my Getaway. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped me. This is why I love Pinside. Hey Bobcat, we need to get together sometime and play some games. I live in Anderson on the Eastside. I was born and raised in Fayette County and graduated from UK.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-no-ghost-rom-patch?tu=chet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.