4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by debaser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Broken through-hole at C9? Unless you are measuring your regulator input across C9, you are getting a false reading on the true voltage differential into the regulator.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 4 years ago

I gave you some bad information here as there is no way you are reading a short across the input filter cap and NOT blowing a fuse! I forgot that there is an error in my WPC schematics and that C9 is an output filter for Q1. The LM323 has over current protection and will shutdown with a short across the output which you apparently have...now you just need to find it.

FWIW: my board reads 2.2K ohms across C9 with no connections to the board, and +5.00 VDC across it when in operation.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from debaser:

This is a TwoBits MPU board and it looks like those two screws that have the washers with teeth on them are touching the 5v line when they are screwed in tight.

That will do it everytime, glad you got it figured out; this is a know problem with the TwoBits CPU board, most use nylon washers on the top side to prevent this from happening.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-no-5v?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.