5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Rebuilding the HV section of my BSD. I removed all the components, but found I don't have an R7 resistor.

The Parts list in the User Manual says R7 is a 56 ohm resistor. However, the WPC schematics says R7 is a 0 ohm jumper. I have a 50 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. Should I put a jumper here, use the 50 ohm, or is a 56 ohm absolutely necessary. Looking at the schematic, looks like it's part of the 12V regulator circuit.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

R7 and C11 you don't replace. Those two you leave in place. If you haven't thrown them away put them back in.

Yeah, I know that now....I didnt remove c11, but I did R7. Don't feel like digging through the kitchen garbage.

1 week later
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from arolden:

I would rely on the schematics rather than the user manual.

Well fortunately, I took pictures of the board before I took it apart, and the resistor by the color code, was indeed a 56 ohm per the parts list, not per the schematic. Go figure. I ordered some from Amazon, and the HV section is all back good. Now I just found a bad transistor on the GI string. This BSD is going to be the death of me. So far, I've rebuilt the entire power supply to fix resets. Rebuilt the HV section to fix the DMD not coming on at cold boot. Replaced the 10 opto board after replacing the opto's themselves, because two of them would flicker at a high rate. Now I have to replace the GI string grounding transistor. I hope that's it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-high-voltage-dmd-rebuild-question?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.