(Topic ID: 198400)

WPC Ghosting ROM fix for Addams

By Analogkid

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Greetings and salutaitons - As a proud new owner of an Addams - I'm been looking for the actual ROM fix to help with the flickering of the LEDs - but all of the links I've found are dead and can't find any specific info on what I need to patch. Anyone out there have the actual patch or info that they can PM me? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

pmed

#3 6 years ago

does this fix the flickering in attract mode? or is it just like the normal rom using non ghosting bulbs?

#4 6 years ago

I've never personally used it on TAF, but it should remove ghosting completely. Attract mode and during a game. I've had really good experience with it on T2 and it allowed me to use cheap LEDs without any anti-ghosting technology and they don't ghost at all.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does this fix the flickering in attract mode? or is it just like the normal rom using non ghosting bulbs?

It will take care of flickering and ghosting for feature lamps. GI lamps will still flicker when dimmed.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It will take care of flickering and ghosting for feature lamps. GI lamps will still flicker when dimmed.

i used anti ghosting leds in my TAF and in attract mode the inserts flicker. during game they do not. was wondering if i could fix this without led ocd.

#7 6 years ago

OOOOOH now this is what I need. I'm actually testing (PCB should be here shortly) a new dual-ROM board that would allow you to quickly swap between two ROMs (i.e. TAF and TAFG or Family Guy/Shrek or whatever). I would love the test this as you could back and forth test the effectiveness of the ROM against my TAF LEDs.

If anyone has the ghosting/flickering fix for TAF and TAFG, please PM me.

Evan

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

OOOOOH now this is what I need. I'm actually testing (PCB should be here shortly) a new dual-ROM board that would allow you to quickly swap between two ROMs (i.e. TAF and TAFG or Family Guy/Shrek or whatever). I would love the test this as you could back and forth test the effectiveness of the ROM against my TAF LEDs.
If anyone has the ghosting/flickering fix for TAF and TAFG, please PM me.
Evan

For testing, you could probably accomplish quick chip swaps by sticking an appropriate ZIF socket into the ROM socket without custom work.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For testing, you could probably accomplish quick chip swaps by sticking an appropriate ZIF socket into the ROM socket without custom work.

True, but it's the front-of-cab switchability that I wanted without having to get in the backbox to make that happen. It was very simplistic, but will prove useful for playability and overall board troubleshooting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-ghosting-rom-fix-for-addams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.