By Analogkid

3 weeks ago

Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by wxforecaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 27 days ago

Greetings and salutaitons - As a proud new owner of an Addams - I'm been looking for the actual ROM fix to help with the flickering of the LEDs - but all of the links I've found are dead and can't find any specific info on what I need to patch. Anyone out there have the actual patch or info that they can PM me? Thanks!

#3 27 days ago

does this fix the flickering in attract mode? or is it just like the normal rom using non ghosting bulbs?

#4 27 days ago

I've never personally used it on TAF, but it should remove ghosting completely. Attract mode and during a game. I've had really good experience with it on T2 and it allowed me to use cheap LEDs without any anti-ghosting technology and they don't ghost at all.

#5 27 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does this fix the flickering in attract mode? or is it just like the normal rom using non ghosting bulbs?

It will take care of flickering and ghosting for feature lamps. GI lamps will still flicker when dimmed.

#6 27 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It will take care of flickering and ghosting for feature lamps. GI lamps will still flicker when dimmed.

i used anti ghosting leds in my TAF and in attract mode the inserts flicker. during game they do not. was wondering if i could fix this without led ocd.

#7 27 days ago

OOOOOH now this is what I need. I'm actually testing (PCB should be here shortly) a new dual-ROM board that would allow you to quickly swap between two ROMs (i.e. TAF and TAFG or Family Guy/Shrek or whatever). I would love the test this as you could back and forth test the effectiveness of the ROM against my TAF LEDs.

If anyone has the ghosting/flickering fix for TAF and TAFG, please PM me.

Evan

#8 27 days ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

OOOOOH now this is what I need. I'm actually testing (PCB should be here shortly) a new dual-ROM board that would allow you to quickly swap between two ROMs (i.e. TAF and TAFG or Family Guy/Shrek or whatever). I would love the test this as you could back and forth test the effectiveness of the ROM against my TAF LEDs.
If anyone has the ghosting/flickering fix for TAF and TAFG, please PM me.
Evan

For testing, you could probably accomplish quick chip swaps by sticking an appropriate ZIF socket into the ROM socket without custom work.

#9 27 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For testing, you could probably accomplish quick chip swaps by sticking an appropriate ZIF socket into the ROM socket without custom work.

True, but it's the front-of-cab switchability that I wanted without having to get in the backbox to make that happen. It was very simplistic, but will prove useful for playability and overall board troubleshooting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 63.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Displays
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 989.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
$ 1,089.00
$ 59.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
$ 12.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.