By CadillacMusic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Alright guys, you get to be my rubber ducky, and maybe someone can see what's going on. I've got a Fliptronics II board that was in a CFTBL. The left flipper was stuck on. Fair enough. I pulled the board, and replaced all 5 LL flipper transistors. Popped it into a different CFTBL here at the shop, and the flipper was still stuck on. Whoops. Looked in the switch test, and sure enough, it was registering an intermittent signal from the left EOS. U5 was already socketed on this board, so I replaced it. No left flipper stuck on, but now, no flippers at all. Flipper button optos register correctly in the switch test. I can stick the old chip in, and get the left flipper stuck on again. So clearly the transistors work. I've tried two brand new chips. Does U1 (marked helpfully as U? in the schematics) actually control if the flippers operate or not? Why, if u1 is somehow bad, does it have no issue activating the flipper with the bad u5? What exactly is happening?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-fliptronic-ii-weirdness-in-cftbl?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.