Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys. Having some issues with my WCS flipper sticking up after I release . When I purchased the game, the flippers worked fine but the lane change on the left flipper wasn't working. I swapped my left and right flipper opto boards, and the problem followed the board, so I deduced it was a problem with the opto board. I tried replacing just the u-shaped opto, but it didn't solve the issue so I just bought a whole new board.

Installed the new board. Lane change works fine, but now when I release the flipper button, there is a delay from when I release the button to when the flipper comes down. The longer I hold the button the longer the delay.

Swapped the left and right boards again, and the problem follows the board. So it's not any mechanical binding.

In switch edges, I notice that after I release the button, the switch for the main flipper kind of "flickers" on and off after I release it, instead of going straight off. So that is why the flipper is staying up.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? Is the new board I bought bad? Thanks in advance for your input.

#2 10 years ago

See the interrupter that passes between the optos ? See the black electricians tape ? See the scissors ? See yourself cutting a tiny bit of tape off the roll and sticking it on the interrupter so light doesn't leak through ? Or a dab of paint.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Thanks LTG. I tried the new board in my DH and it worked fine. Put the board from DH into WCS and it works fine there too. So it may have been light leakage....the world may never know. Everything is cool now, and so am I. If it acts up again I will try the electrical tape, although I hate how gunky that crap gets over a few years....

1 year later
#4 8 years ago

Used a bit of alcohol on my Popeye flipper optos. That did the trick! The U designed flipper optos are like the cook optos in TZ. Amazing how much dirt can build up on these suckers. Thanks for the advice!

1 year later
#5 7 years ago

Just wanted to say "thanks LTG". I had the same problem and this thread set me right up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-flipper-opto-board-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.