(Topic ID: 232695)

WPC Emulator in your Browser

By neophob

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 22.56.53 (resized).png
    oblivion_ui.jpg
    2 (resized).png
    1 (resized).png
    bitmap (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucky1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from neophob:

well thats the pure download, which is not the problem. its more the caching that needs to be done UNTIL you download the frames. one frame need approx 1600 bytes. if i assume 10 fps on average thats 16k per second or more or less 1MB per minute.
    one option is to restrict the maximal record time to 1 minute, would that make sense? or how do you rip those dmd frames?
    I just want to understand how you work before I implement something useless...

Does not make sense to me. The goal is to have every possible animation recorded. Currently this is done on a real pinball machine with the glass off and rolling the ball by hand to trigger all events with dmd scenes. The same method is used with vpin except that you guide the ball with the mouse pointer.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from neophob:

what do you suggest make sense: longer time? record a specific animation (using a start/stop button)? something else?

Record with a start stop button is a good idea.

1 week later
    #45 5 years ago

The dump itself is working fine but it is hard to find and trigger the switch sequences by hand. Maybe simulating a ball running through a ramp which triggers the enter ramp and shortly after the made ramp switches would be helpful. Something like grouping switches together. Also when the dump is running you can save the file when the buffer is full but continue to record and save the next file without the header. That way you will end up with a sequence of raw files which could be joined together using something like copy /b

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from neophob:

I see. Currently this logic part is not implemented, but on the roadmap. that should solve some issues with starting some pins too

Maybe make these sequences configurable in the table config files. That way you could also simulate bumpers etc.

For the dump you could also add a merge routine for the files already stored on the harddisk when the dump is stopped and maybe pause the game during the save routine that no frames are lost.

#49 5 years ago

With the pin2dmd editor you can load it as a recording. Larger files should be gzipped.
    You can lookup the fileformat in the pinmame source (core.c I think)

1 year later
    #70 3 years ago

pin2dmd editor can open raw files

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucky1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-emulator-in-your-browser?tu=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.