7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Q52-56.JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I was having a problem with the board in my Flintstones so I dropped a -3 wpc89 board in I had laying around (fixed and bulletproofed). After a few games with the old rustylizard, the game went dead and all of a sudden we saw arching in the backbox. Turing it off I quickly found the "magic smoke" had escaped from q46 and took out the resistors above it. image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgAfter taking everything off I noticed that the small trace from the right leg of the tip that goes to the pad under the resistors was missing. Thinking it cooked off, I put a small jumper in to make th connection. image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgGiving the board the once over before I put it back in, I found another jumper missing and this time there was no damage. I'm guessing this small trace is a redundant path but I wanted to check with the guys who read schematics better then me

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-driver-board-mis-print?tu=Tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.