(Topic ID: 76668)

WPC DMD Driver Board Choices

By dropdeadhippie

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I need a replacement wpc dmd driver board for my getaway (hopefully I'll find somewhere to get the orig fixed). I want to buy a replacement/spare board. Looks like there are two main aftermarker boards available (Rottendog and Xpin). Any suggestions of what to go with for a replacement board? Is there anywhere selling nos or repaired orig boards?
Thanks,
Matt

edit:
Just to clarify I'm refering to the dmd controller pcb.

#2 10 years ago

Keep an eye out for parted out games.
I have no experience with this board by rottendog or xpin.

#3 10 years ago

I have a spare rottendog board that has never had issues in three years. I had to repair my older board about five times and do not have the heart to put it back in the machine. I like to have two boards however.

I only had to run a jumper on back of the rotten board because my topper lights were not working on my WH20. Other then that the board is solid.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

... I had to repair my older board about five times and do not have the heart to put it back in the machine. I like to have two boards however...

How did you repair it ? I also have a defective board in stock that I would like to fix.

#5 10 years ago

I just learned over the years. Most problems were easy to fix. Transistors for G.I a few times, I had to change a couple of caps and rectifier for a reset issue. The most advanced thing I did was repair a eyelet on the board because the eyelet was burned off from a previous hack. This fix repaired a row of lights. That little tool was not cheap unfortunately.

#6 10 years ago

I bought a xpin board from ksarcade.net a year ago. It was dead when I got it. Called them up and had them send me a Rottendog and sent the xpin back. It does the job just fine and it saved me like $30.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-dmd-driver-board-choices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.