Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-987.jpg
image-223.jpg
image.jpg
dmd_cont.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Does anyone have a spare DMD control board?

Mine went in my Twilight zone and I'm looking for another, New or used,

Have a GPE rebuild kit waiting to go in too sitting on the shelf, but this board is toast

#2 9 years ago

They are almost always toasty.
Sometimes traces have to be jumpered, but I've never had one that I couldn't make work.
Shoot a pic of the toast.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
htp://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 9 years ago

I agree with Chris. Some look better than others once repaired, but I've yet to find one that wasn't salvageable.

Just rebuilt this... and while it's probably a 'B' cosmetically, works great

dmd_cont.jpgdmd_cont.jpg

#4 9 years ago

I may have one, let me look.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I agree with Chris. Some look better than others once repaired, but I've yet to find one that wasn't salvageable.
Just rebuilt this... and while it's probably a 'B' cosmetically, works great

dmd_cont.jpg 50 KB

That thing works?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I agree with Chris. Some look better than others once repaired, but I've yet to find one that wasn't salvageable. Just rebuilt this... and while it's probably a 'B' cosmetically, works great
dmd_cont.jpg 50 KB

I just bought a rebuilt board from John and while it looks better than this board, it also works perfectly. Don't forget John gives a warranty as well.

#7 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
John, Chris,

This ones burnt the traces and anything that holds the components to the board,
I'm sure jumper wires could be used instead of traces but there are no points to solder to,

So yeah if anyone has a spare please let me know,

#8 9 years ago

John do you have any boards available right now? (non crispy) lol

#9 9 years ago

I'll be home late tonight but I may have a repaired board I keep as a spare. Send me a PM if you don't get something by this evening.

#10 9 years ago

IMO the Rottendog replacement is a good solution if you don't want to fix a crispy board or want all new components. I have a few and they are $85 shipped to you (48 state shipping). I use them when repairing other people games.

Parker

#11 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

If someone has a cheap used one lemme know otherwise I'll be hitting you up Parker

#12 9 years ago

Bump!

Wanna find one this weekend

#13 9 years ago

Go with Parker's offer. I couldn't sell you one for less than that.
--
Chris Hbler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.chrter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
htp://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go forPinball Repair Info

#14 9 years ago

Thanks Chris,

I am working on a possible trade in on my toasty board for a used one with a board member,
If that doesn't work out $85 for a new one isn't bad at all

#15 9 years ago

I checked, I don't have anything ready right now. I try to keep 1 at all times, but nothing right now!

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for checking John,

Hopefully I'll find one today, If not then rottendog it is

#17 9 years ago

Got your PM and I do have a spare from my Getaway. It's an original board to the game but working. I swapped in my rebuilt one. I assume you didn't want to use that piggy back one from PL which I understand.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-987.jpgimage-987.jpg image-223.jpgimage-223.jpg
#19 9 years ago

I use a similar piggy back board for testing 'untested' display driver boards. Nice to determine whether a board has a HV problem or 'more'. HV problem = easy fix. More = more in depth fix. Lots of repairable boards floating around.

That DMD driver looks pretty good, compared to many others!

#20 9 years ago

John in your experience is it "really" worth using the GPE rebuild kit on a fully working board?
I'm contemplating that old line, If it ain't broke, Don't fix it

#21 9 years ago

If the voltages are fine, there's no reason to rebuild anything, I was assuming the HV was out

#22 9 years ago

Got ya,
Dave was kind enough to sell me the board he posted above for a good price so I was wondering if it was worth getting another GPE kit for it or just leave it alone if its working fine

#23 9 years ago

The toasty marks on the boards behind the capacitors are just from the heat they generate right? Doesn't mean they are failing?

#24 9 years ago

Correct Jamie. Almost every game's DMD boards I've seen or had/have displays those burns but I'm certain there's plenty out there that don't.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I use a similar piggy back board for testing 'untested' display driver boards. Nice to determine whether a board has a HV problem or 'more'. HV problem = easy fix. More = more in depth fix. Lots of repairable boards floating around.
That DMD driver looks pretty good, compared to many others!

Thanks John. Good to know the piggy back boards work for HV dmd section bypass.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-dmd-control-board-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.