8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by viperrwk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I am working on rebuilding a WPC display board HV section. In the schematics it shows R7 as a 0 OHM jumper. Parts list shows a 56 OHM resistor. My boardhas is the 56 OHM resistor installed.

Has anyone noticed this?
    Do I install a jumper in place of the resistor? Or leave the resistor?

My board has suffered from heat, so trying to do this right the first time!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Frankly it depends upon the display you are hooking to the machine. If it's a Babcock, it uses the 12v line which is regulated by a combination of R7 and D8. Other plasma DMDs don't use the 12v line so you normally have a jumper/zero ohm resistor in R7 and nothing in D8. So for Babcock you need both R7 and D8.

For greatest compatibility install the 56 ohm resistor and diode in D8. Though R7 is usually not part of the rebuild kit because it doesn't normally go bad unless the board is really scorched. But if that happened you'd have bigger problems (doesn't look it from your photo.)

viperrwk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-display-board-r7-hv-rebuild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.