11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Got trouble with WPC display boards. Over the years, we've built up quite a collection of boards. When one didn't work in the past, they'd just order a new one and toss the old ones in a pile. In the past two years, I've rebuilt the HV parts of them all, and got most of them working. I still have a nice stack of boards with a problem I can't seem to figure out. They all blow fuse 602. They've had the HV rebuilt (Q2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 - D3, 4, 5, and 6 - R8, 9, and 11), the big caps replaced, and the bridges checked, but they keep on blowin' the fuse. Some of them even have killed or scrambled DMDs, and one had q5 and r5 explode. Obviously, something is pulling a huge load on the highest voltage parts, but what? I guess my question is: can any of the IC chips ever been responsible for blowing the fuses? Looking at the schematics, my guess is no, but I'm not too familair with the DMDs themselves. Also, any suggestions beyond rebuilding the HV again?

#3 11 years ago

Alright, I admit my ignorance. How do you test zener diodes?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-display-board-issues?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.