2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by GraniteStatePin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I'm currently in need of a PAL chip U16 part number A-17002 for a WPC DCS board. They seem hard to come by. I've found one from an Australian vendor, but he wants AUS$70 for one.

Does anyone know of any cheaper places to get one? Google turns up next to no hits on them.

I do have an EPROM burner if anyone knows if they can be programmed and has access to the image of one.

#3 2 years ago

I got mine from astill.

#4 2 years ago

Thank you all, I have contacted both and will see how we go.

2 years later
    #5 82 days ago

What is the point of this chip? I have an A-17002 installed @ U16 on my A-16917-50028 WPC DCS Sound Board. The game is a Demo Man. My board has L2 sound roms. Should I be replacing it with a USA version chip?

#6 82 days ago
    Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

What is the point of this chip? I have an A-17002 installed @ U16 on my A-16917-50028 WPC DCS Sound Board. The game is a Demo Man. My board has L2 sound roms. Should I be replacing it with a USA version chip?

Are you having sound issues? I haven’t heard that any export games used a different chip and I think all the DCS sound boards used the same PAL chip. You can read more about what they are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_Array_Logic

#7 82 days ago

Oh... I was thinking pal like pal region relating to video games. There's USA versions and European version Etc.

I actually don't know if my sound is working as the game is a project at this point but I guess this is what they all came with so I'm good. Thanks for the info!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!