Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot from 2024-02-28 15-23-45 (resized).png
    IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7707 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220525_082622027.jpg
    IMG_20220525_081614881.jpg
    IMG_20200801_154157876 (resized).jpg
    CY62256_VCC_Data_Retention.png
    sys11_battery (resized).jpg
    cr2032_s6_(resized).jpg
    cr2032_s80_(resized).jpg
    cr2032_de_(resized).jpg
    cr2032_bly35_(resized).jpg
    WPC89_2032_(resized).jpg
    cr2032_wpc95_(resized).jpg
    cr2032_wpc_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok so I got tired of changing batteries in my off board battery holder. Updated all my WPC, System 11 and Bally MPU's to CR2032 holder
    and battery. This mpu is from my Medieval Madness. Hope this helps someone out there.

WPC_(resized).JPGWPC_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago

See the wire jumper starting from the right to the very left? That basically ties all the negative points together to the upper right hand
    side positive. Follow the exact orientation of of the CR2032 holder and the wire jumper.

#7 8 years ago

There is no blocking diode on WPC games. The blocking diode is only necessary on bally mpu boards which charge a nicad battery. Look closely at the photo, install exactly as I have done and you'll be fine.

#8 8 years ago

Battery holder source.. yes. Ebay.. CR2032 holder. You can buy them in bulk for pennies. CR2032 power cells? Also, ebay and very cheap.

#16 8 years ago

This is exactly why I went with CR2032 batteries. The holders are cheap as are the batteries which can be bought in bulk. I have a CR2032
    installed in my black knight for 4 years now with no issues whatsoever. I decided to convert all and be done with changing batteries every year.
    I think many of you can appreciate not thinking about the batteries any longer. It is true, when the voltage drops, it just drops just like on a
    computer.

Here are some helpful ebay links:

CR2032 sockets:

ebay.com link: 100 pcs CR2025 CR2032 Computer Coin Button Cell Battery Box Socket Holder Case

Batteries:

ebay.com link: 100 PCS CR2032 Lithium Battery 3V Button Cell for Digital Scales remote controls

For batteries I go with the cheapies. But you can always buy a Energizer or Duracell relatively cheap.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

I tried another setup on for a WPC89 board which also works.

Good info. Thanks for that one.

#22 8 years ago

Yes. They generally do not leak, are easy to change and you do not have to spend money on changing AA batteries on a yearly basis for no
    reason.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from beaky:

replaced it with a 2354 over a year ago and its still going strong.</blockquote

Question about the 2354. I have CR2032's installed which I'll be monitoring on my machines. Can the 2354 battery be inserted into
    the CR2032 holder? Size the same?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-cr2032-mpu-install?tu=barakawins1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.