(Topic ID: 17254)

Wpc95 CPU u20, u23 magic smoke

By dlbuller

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dlbuller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Was playing champion pub today when it reset. It turned back on and told me to check fuses 101 and 106. Checked and 106 was open. Replaced. Still told me to check them. Changed out 101. Still told me to check them. Led100 and 102 were on.

Checked all connections and they seemed fine. Went away for a while, came back and turned it on. U23, u20 fried. Along with r127. Can anybody tell me the value of r127? Wpc schematic seems a bit off for u23 and u20 and I can't find r127....not sure where else to look.

Sockets might be f'ed too. What a great first day with cp.

Anybody have any similar problems?

Thanks a bunch.

#2 11 years ago

Nm I found it. Anybody have this problem though?

#3 11 years ago

Somebody has had to have had u20 and or u23 blow up on their wpc95 CPU board....can you share your symptoms and solutions? Had this game for around 3 hours and this happened. Not really happy.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks. I'll look some more while I wait for my parts. I did just get it moved to my house.

#6 11 years ago

Hmm hoping it was just a failed u20. Not seeing anything unusual on the coils or any lamps. No pinched wires nothing loose.

#8 11 years ago

Hoping to relate the back box lamps with this somehow. Found some burned pins/sockets. Can anybody point me where to look in either the game manual or wpc95 schematics on how these might be related to each other (u20 and the backbox lamps). All I have right now is an iPad and I still can't get used to splitting/only having theory schematics.

#10 11 years ago

Sounds like I just got lucky with this buy. Worked just fine at sellers house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dlbuller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-cpu-r127-value?tu=dlbuller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.