(Topic ID: 59630)

WPC CPU-Board BoP pulses or not at J207.

By TheRingMaster

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Here is a question for you all!

Im looking for someone who is into the IC's on the CPU-Board and the switch matrix.

The question is for Bride of Pinbot because the answer is game rom specific.

I have been testing, with a logic probe, the pulses coming from J207 at the CPU-Board which is for the switch matrix. According to a document I found (http://home.scarlet.be/~nb010944/wpccpu/ewpccpu.htm) There should be a pulse at all pins of J207. With the EXCEPTION, of course...., for some games that do not use the full switch matrix.

I have missing pulses at pin 1 and 9 (that instead gives "Low") of J207 but im not sure what it should be like in my particular game bride of pinbot.

So, question is.. does anyone know if all are used? Or, even better, teach me how to figure it out! =) I gues it could be done by measuring the corresponding output pins of the processor or maybe just have a look at the switch matrix in the manual but.. im not that skilled...

Andy

#2 10 years ago

Column 1 is used, column 9 is not. Just check the switch matrix in the manual (page 47 in the online version).

#3 10 years ago

Allright, and column 1, does that correspond to pin 1 on the J207 connector and so on for the rest? Would be really easy if it is like that!

Thanks =)

#4 10 years ago

By the way, guess you meant column 8 and not 9?
However, one thing that does not work on my game is the start button which seem to be on col 1. So if pin 1 is col 1 that's where that problem lies. Hope I'm on to something!

Andy

#5 10 years ago

After some more resarching i have found out that:

Yes, PIN one should refer to column 1 and so on. The J207 connector is for the switch matrix columns and the connector J209 is for the switch rows. J205 is for the direct switches in the coin door.

I'll be back with more info and conclusions when I've fixed this! Or more questions if I have not fixed it yet

Andy

#6 10 years ago

Hey Andy, sorry I forgot to favorite the post. Sounds like you're on the right track though. You may find the following article helpful.

http://www.pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting

#7 10 years ago

Ah! Thanks for the link terryb!

I will continue this in the thread about the coin door buttons that does not work. It can be found here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-slot-coin-door-is-dead

I think its better to keep the things together to see if the problem with the buttons get solved or not.

Andy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-cpu-board-bop-pulses-or-not-at-j207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.