You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5659 (resized).jpeg

#1 18 days ago

On my Gilligan’s Island game I have a three slot Entropy style coin door. The problem I’m having is that the lockdown bar latch ends up hitting right side coin mechanism when sliding the latch to the right to lock it. The latch will just fit in the unlocked position between the center and right mechanisms, but won’t move to right without hitting the protruding right mechanisms.

IMG_5659 (resized).jpegIMG_5659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5660 (resized).jpegIMG_5660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5661 (resized).jpegIMG_5661 (resized).jpeg

This game was a reimport from Italy. I have no idea what parts were original.

The repro WPC two slot doors that are for sale at a few vendors I fear would have the same issue as they have the two slots all the way on the right side, just like my center and right slots and seem like they would also get in the way as well.

Wondering if someone can share how it is supposed to work, and what is incorrect with my setup so that I can actually lock down the lock down bar.

#2 18 days ago

When the lockdown bar is on, the handle to latch it should be all the way to the right, out of sight.

Yours appears to be bent or mounted wrong, or wrong parts or something.

LTG : )

#3 18 days ago
Quoted from adamtoth:

On my Gilligan’s Island game I have a three slot Entropy style coin door. The problem I’m having is that the lockdown bar latch ends up hitting right side coin mechanism when sliding the latch to the right to lock it. The latch will just fit in the unlocked position between the center and right mechanisms, but won’t move to right without hitting the protruding right mechanisms.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This game was a reimport from Italy. I have no idea what parts were original.
The repro WPC two slot doors that are for sale at a few vendors I fear would have the same issue as they have the two slots all the way on the right side, just like my center and right slots and seem like they would also get in the way as well.
Wondering if someone can share how it is supposed to work, and what is incorrect with my setup so that I can actually lock down the lock down bar.

These games need to have the lockbar fully latched (to the right) to be able to open or close the door. If your handle isn't going to the right to latch.. something about the receiver is installed wrong.

Make sure the latch can go all the way to the right (with no lockdown bar installed). Often you can't get the latch to go far enough right if it can't latch fully. Removing the lockdown bar lets it move freely. If that's the problem, then usually it's the height adjustment keeping it from latching I think.

#4 18 days ago

Having the two slot variety of that door wouldn't help because it uses the right slot still. Your lock bar isn't fully locking down and allowing the lever to move far enough to the right. Ive seen some require a little extra umph on the lever at the end to allow the coin door to close. The brass screws that are on the top of the receiver adjust how tightly the bar locks down. I'm guessing you are too tight and need to turn both screws counter-clockwise.

#5 17 days ago
Quoted from gutz:

Having the two slot variety of that door wouldn't help because it uses the right slot still. Your lock bar isn't fully locking down and allowing the lever to move far enough to the right. Ive seen some require a little extra umph on the lever at the end to allow the coin door to close. The brass screws that are on the top of the receiver adjust how tightly the bar locks down. I'm guessing you are too tight and need to turn both screws counter-clockwise.

Thanks, that was perfect. Moved the screws a bunch counter clockwise, then was able to adjust the retainer piece on the inside up a little bit and screw it down, which moved the whole latch mechanism higher so that it fit into the lockbar tab slots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-coin-door-and-lock-bar-latch-interference and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.