(Topic ID: 301166)

WPC Check Fuses F114 and F115 madness - No 18VDC.

By wrd1972_PinDoc

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I think the regulated 12VDC comes from the 18V circuit, and I don't seem to have any 18VDC at TP8. Also, the 18V test LED is not lit.

I have checked F114, and it is indeed good. I went ahead and reflowed F114 fuse holder while I was troubleshooting. Still no 18VDC.

I checked the normal culprit "BR1", and it is definitely not shorted out. Could it maybe have an "open" internally? What other components contribute to the 18VDC circuit could be causing this issue?

Thanks

#3 2 years ago

Check the link Lloyd posted above, lots of good info.

Also, bridges can test good and be faulty under load. I had the missing unregulated 12v issue just last week with my WCS … threw up the same F114/F115 issue.

Everything tested fine - but I threw in a new BR anyway, and she fired up and hasn’t missed a beat since.

(Usually the F114/115 issue is switch matrix … first time I’ve had the missing 12v)

rd

#4 2 years ago

Yeah I went through the Pinwiki in detail. But it did not help with because again, this was a weird one. Of course I determined that it was self-induced. I will explain.

On J101 you have the solid blue wires with the white stripes. I found that the original wires here at some point in the past started to meltdown likely due to a short. I cut that damaged wire out and replaced it with similar size blue wire I had on hand, but the strands in this wire were very fine. When I pressed this new wire into the IDC connector, the conductor in the wire did not engage the conductor in the connect...hence an open and no power. All is now fixed.

Does anyone have any of this OEM blue wire with white strip? I will also post a new thread asking for it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Does anyone have any of this OEM blue wire with white strip? I will also post a new thread asking for it.

How far back did you cut it? Pretty close to the connector?

If so - Should be a heap of it in the harness (as it heads all the way down into the cabinet)

Should be able to free up the harness and pull some more through.

rd

#6 2 years ago

I had to cut about 10" of it off. I will check for extra down in the cabinet.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I had to cut about 10" of it off. I will check for extra down in the cabinet.

Ooooooh 10” is quite a lot.

Pull on the cable while watching the end of it and see how much you can scrounge.

Might just have to bite the bullet and solder/heat shrink some same gauge wire on the end. Unless
You can find a matching piece. Not the end of the world if it doesn’t match … I have rolls of different gauge wire on hand for just such an occasion.

rd

#8 2 years ago

If its available, I would like to have as close to the original wire as possible. My client wants this thing completely original, except for the addition of the LEDs. Looking at the blue wire I am using now. The insulation was so thick on it that the IDC connector could not pierce through it, and that was the source of the original problem.

3 weeks later
#9 2 years ago

Working on fixing an F114 pin, and having trouble with the large left ramp area with the (2) diverter coils installed.
The rear coil it appears had locked on, burning it up. After replacing the coils and reinstalled the section, the coil immediately locks on upon power up.

Looking below, there seems to be a relay missing tons of parts. Does anyone have an suggestion for replacing the assembly and when do there diverters decide to change the ball direction during gameplay? I haven't played a fully operational machine to understand how / when they work.
Thanks so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 1,159.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-check-fuses-f114-and-f115-madness-no-18vdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.