(Topic ID: 181993)

WPC burnt GI connector: pre-emptive repair?

By nosro

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should I do with a GI connector that is currently OK?”

• Leave it alone. Don't repair unless it's burnt. 10 votes
      63%
    • Pre-emptively replace the connector with Trifurcon and new board pin headers 4 votes
      25%
    • Pre-emptively replace the connector with Trifurcon, but do not replace the board pin headers 2 votes
      13%

(16 votes)

#1 7 years ago

The connector for the general illumination is known to get burnt, requiring connector and board repair on Williams WPC games.

What are the thoughts around a game that is currently working OK? See poll

#2 7 years ago

If you like busy work and want to drink a few beers why not. But I voted not to touch if it's not screwed up.
    I doubt you plan on having your machine on for 12+ hours a day for years.

#3 7 years ago

Leave it alone. Unless you plan on leaving your game on 12 hours a day it shouldn't be an issue. If it does go out, 30 minutes and $1 worth of parts and you are golden.

#4 7 years ago

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I doubt you plan on having your machine on for 12+ hours a day for years.

Quoted from schudel5:

Unless you plan on leaving your game on 12 hours a day ...

Synergy!

#6 7 years ago

Great minds think alike!

#7 7 years ago

the opposite of good is better! leave it alone

#8 7 years ago

I'd leave it alone, too. If you still can't sleep at night maybe think about fitting the machine with LED's.

#9 7 years ago

IMO "fixing" it would devalue your game. I generally assume games with trifurcon connectors needed the repair and thus have seen many hours of operation.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-burnt-gi-connector-pre-emptive-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.