Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hisokajp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20170522_15_50_13_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20170522_15_50_52_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20170522_15_50_00_Pro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am a bit at loss for this one, I looked on all the usual resource and I can't find something quite similar...

It is a rebuilt WPC power board with ne BR and Caps, couple new connectors as well. it worked well for a while but just today all the controlled lights started flickering for the first 2 minutes when I turned the game on from cold.
    After it "warms up" it is just fine, and if I turn it off and on right away it is still fine.

I put another power board in there and it worked fine even from cold so it seems to definitely be with the other board. The voltage on TP3 is spot on 12v and tp6 between 15-17.5v. I checked BR1 and it seemed fine, not sure how to test C6/7 though they are pretty recent (6 month) from GPE...

Any advice would be great, thanks!

#3 6 years ago

I could try that for the controlled light connector though I am not sure how that would play into the fact that the issue always go away when the game "warm up".

#4 6 years ago

so I am guessing this isn't an easy problem to diagnose?

#6 6 years ago

no luck on this, it still took a couple minute to warm up and no amount of shaking on different component/connectors would make the lights blink again... Still stuck.

#8 6 years ago

yes, I did used compressed air upside down on the 18v component. I will take some picture tonight, thanks!

#11 6 years ago

thanks I may give that a go... went through all of it again and no luck... I am getting a bit desperate ~_~

I am putting some pictures and a video of what it does
    WP_20170522_15_50_13_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170522_15_50_13_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170522_15_50_52_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170522_15_50_52_Pro (resized).jpg

video:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahxi0c_5v2PVo6ER49FFYAoYhQPNNA

WP_20170522_15_50_00_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170522_15_50_00_Pro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-all-controlled-light-flickering-issue-for-first-2-minutes?tu=hisokajp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.