6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BShing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

My MM came up with a credit dot for Right Troll Up Switch Bad. I checked and it was coming on briefly when the troll popped up but would not stay on so I adjusted it so it would. It works in test mode as well as the switch for the face of the troll when it gets hit. I do get switch 75 R Troll when testing manually but the error still shows up after cycling power.

My experience with WPC switch errors is that one you test the switch (like a rollover has not been tripped in a while) the switch error clears. The troll assembly is a little sticky, the left one is smoother but it works fine during gameplay.

Bob

#2 6 years ago

If you start a game and start the trolls mode does it then clear?

#3 6 years ago

Well last night that did not work but just now it did. I noticed during troll madness a few times the right one was struggling so I removed the whole assembly. The armature is two pieces with a pin located in the middle and some previous owner took a bench grinder to it. On occasion this is causing it to hang up on the top of the coil sleeve. Also the lip is the sleeve was on the outside of the bracket and the parts breakdown shows it on the inside which causes some interference on full Up. I'm guessing a combination of the switch being mis-adjusted and struggling a little to keep the troll up and the CPU interpreted a problem. I'll have to check Marco to see if those armatures are available.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-troll-up-switch-error-will-not-clear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.