Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180930164227591 (resized).jpg
country setting (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I have an AFM that suddenly got stuck on spanish instead of english.

The mpu jumpers are set correctly.

Spanish is selected as the active language in the menu settings, even though the factory default tag shows for english.

If I try to change the language setting to anything other than spanish (english, german, french...it doesn't matter), it always reverts back to spanish.

Other menu settings seem to save normally.

I've done a factory reset, erased and re-burned the game eprom, checked continuity for the dip switches (although since english is make as the factory default, that seems to tell me the dip switches are working). This game uses ram with a coin cell battery, and I left the battery out for 10 minutes and put a fresh one in (3.2v) since the original was a little low (2.9v).

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

maybe dipswitch SW5 is wonky. This switch makes the difference between USA and Spanish

country setting (resized).JPGcountry setting (resized).JPG

Check test T.15 'dip switch test' where you get the visuals of the dipswitch

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

maybe dipswitch SW5 is wonky. This switch makes the difference between USA and Spanish
[quoted image]
Check test T.15 'dip switch test' where you get the visuals of the dipswitch

The dip switches check out

20180930164227591 (resized).jpg20180930164227591 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Demonstration of the issue:

(Ignore the audio)

#5 5 years ago

I think I had that same issue long ago in my MB, if I recall correctly there’s a connector on a board near the left flipper button that goes all the way to the back box (sorry, don’t remember which board). Reseating that cured my problem, weird but worked.

#6 5 years ago

Don't know, that's a weird one. I would try to set other dip switches to 'OFF' and see if the program responds to that.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

(Ignore the audio)

Yup, that was weird too

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Don't know, that's a weird one. I would try to set other dip switches to 'OFF' and see if the program responds to that.

If I change switch 5 to off, then the factory default tag is displayed for Spanish. Flip it back, and it's back on English, but the setting is still stuck on Spanish.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I think I had that same issue long ago in my MB, if I recall correctly there’s a connector on a board near the left flipper button that goes all the way to the back box (sorry, don’t remember which board). Reseating that cured my problem, weird but worked.

The coin door interface board? Seems a little odd that this issue could be caused by that, but I'll give that a try the next time I have access to the game again.

1 week later
#9 5 years ago

Ok, so there was an existing issue where the flipper optos had failed, which I thought was unrelated to this language setting issue. After replacing the flipper opto boards, the language setting issue seemed to go away.

I'm not complaining, but this seemed rather odd.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, so there was an existing issue where the flipper optos had failed, which I thought was unrelated to this language setting issue. After replacing the flipper opto boards, the language setting issue seemed to go away.
I'm not complaining, but this seemed rather odd.

Sounds like the issue I had, it was so long ago that I couldn't remember the details. Glad you got it fixed, found a reference to a similar issue elsewhere too https://www.aussiearcade.com/archive/index.php/t-32539.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Wanted
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-stuck-on-spanish-language-setting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.