Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230226_170956 (resized).jpg
Line Filter (resized).JPG
linebox-wpcs95 (resized).jpg
WPC95-WPCS-2 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I am building a Scared Stiff and I need some help with the power box configuration, as well as the line box. I need to know what goes into the boxes, wiring configuration and any other tidbit knowledge that may prove useful. I already have most parts on-hand, but a list of what I will need and where to find those parts would be helpful. What I have pictured are two items that I have on-hand, picked up from Mantis Amusements.
I find it very interesting that so many people post videos on YouTube and you can find videos on practically everything, but you can't find a single video on this topic! Heads up to all of those people who make money on videos: I just gave you another topic!

WPC95-WPCS-2 (resized).jpgWPC95-WPCS-2 (resized).jpglinebox-wpcs95 (resized).jpglinebox-wpcs95 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Although I have not built one of these boxes myself, I have come across the following video by HEP that shows the rebuilding of one of the boxes, applicable content starts around the 10 minute mark.

I have also found the schematic to be useful for the specific wiring inside of the box as far as the connections go. I have also found a parts list for an Addams Family power box which looks to be pretty similar to the Scared Stiff power box. Marco probably has the majority of the parts in stock and you will probably have to resort to making your own wiring harness.

Line Filter (resized).JPGLine Filter (resized).JPG
#3 1 year ago

Thank you for the info Cookie.
Unfortunately, the WPC 89 differs widely from the WPC 95. Foremost is the absence of the topside plugs. I have a box to go by, but it is from a re-import. I have looked at the schematics for the assembly in the manual, but system knowledge is more valuable than book knowledge, in my opinion. That is why a video on the topic would work better for me. I am no electrician and I would sleep better if an expert could show me the process. One of my big concerns is in regards to the line box (see picture). I don't want to take the shroud off to see what's inside, because I don't know anything about replacing the shroud and where to find one. I do see that most, if not all of the parts that I need are available through Marco, but again, what about the shroud and the part(s) contained within? Building a wiring harness for this is no problem; I have miles of different colored wires.
Thanks for the help!

20230226_170956 (resized).jpg20230226_170956 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

I understand where you are coming from that all systems are different and having system knowledge can be more valuable than the manuals. I have not seen any indepth video content on rebuilding, which like you originally said would be a good topic for some content creator.

In regards to the shroud it looks like a piece of heat shrink that you should be pretty easy to get.

1 month later
#5 1 year ago

Update: I managed to locate all of the parts needed to build both the power box and the line filter.
The most difficult parts to source were the big Molex plugs in the power box. I found them on ebay: 12-pin ebay.com link: itm and the 9-pin ebay.com link: itm

You can also get the parts from Australia. Right now the prices are cheaper and shipping is cheap as well: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/electronics/connectors.html
In addition to the connectors, you can also get the correct capacitor for the line filter here as well (the part hidden under the shroud/heat shrink): https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/electronics/capacitors/5045-14007-00.html
While you are there, be sure to check out any other parts that you may need, as you can get some items a lot cheaper than you can here in the U.S.
Everything else that you need can be found at Marco Specialties, under game specific.
The shroud is just heat shrink (although giant-sized), so you can get this at any electrical supply dealer.
I hope this helps anyone looking for this information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 39.00
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 249.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-power-and-line-box-build and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.