Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gnatty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Trying to install a new lexan DMD window in my speaker panel on AFM. The old window is secured with those pronged pressure tabs that slide on the speaker panel mounts. Is there a trick to removing them without breaking them or the the panel mounts they are secured to? Any insight would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

I did one of these recently. Since I was replacing the window, I gently pryed up on the old glass to add pressure on the lock collar, then used a pick tool to loosen the fingers on the collar. I worked the lock collar off. Just make sure you don't use too much pressure, you can break things.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, that was what I figured I had to do, wasn't sure if the tabs are easily broken by doing this. Hopefully I can reuse the lock collars if I don't distort them to much with the pick tool. What a shit design!

#4 6 years ago

I replaced the one on my Congo. I used a pick tool too. What a pain in the ass these are. Luckily the new plexi I bought came with new lock collars as I destroyed a few when removing them.

#5 6 years ago

Mission accomplished. My 90 degree pick worked great. I pried one tab up on each of the lock collars and successfully got all of the off intact and was able to reuse them. Thanks for the reassurance on how to do this the best way. A new clear window makes a big difference, especially with a color DMD for that added restore touch on a DMD machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

16,500 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-dmd-window-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.