2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by martymart
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I am currently working on a Williams White Water and the start button will not start a game.

The game boots and the "start switch" works in test mode and the game is in free play. All balls are also installed with trough switches activated.

Any thoughts on what be causing this issue.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Credits on game or set to free play ?
    Battery damage on CPU ?
    LTG : )

It is set to free play although it has the same issue with credits.

I should have also mentioned that it has a very clean homepin aftermarket board installed (has coin battery with no corrosion).

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from bcd:

Does it give any error messages on the screen when you press it? Is it lit? (It should be on free play)

There are no error messages. The machine is currently on free play although the start button doesn’t trigger a game start. The start button works in test mode.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Are any other switches closed in test that shouldn't be? Shooter lane switch working properly? Not stuck closed? Factory reset or pulling the battery for a few minutes is worth a try.

Not that I recall. I will have to check it again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-89-start-button-will-not-start-game?tu=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.