• Latest reply 8 years ago by adalogue
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adalogue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Never ran into this before. Switch matrix test shows all switches in rows 1-7 as closed. Disconnect switch wires from CPU board and turn to open (except 24, which is NC).

I have a GLM 16-opto board installed, and it is showing weirdness also. Remove the connection to the CPU board and the issue clears also (same as unplugging CPU board).

Getting 15VDC from the power driver board TP1 (powers the optos, motors, etc.), which is higher than the 12V nominal value.

Any ideas?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#3 8 years ago

The top L connector maybe be off by one, however I took the picture after throwing the board back in temporarily. It was working fine and then the problem arose when the board was installed for a while, so I suspect the issue is not related to an misconnected connector.

Anyone had this switch issue before?
Anyone had issues from an excessive 12VUR line?

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone, will check the CPU board and use an OEM opto board for troubleshooting.

Did a bench test of the opto board and it seemed to be behaving very oddly. I applied power (12V) to the board and started connecting a couple test optos and the two red bar LEDs started giving really weird readings. I should have shot a video for posting, but did not.

I will report back when I have more info.

#10 8 years ago

Yes, other switches work when removing the switch matrix connector on the opto board.

Yes, I have an OEM opto board I will try and report back.

#15 8 years ago

Email sent, couldn't find it on the website.

#16 8 years ago

Ended up being a switch matrix issue, as GLM suspected in posts above. I had recently installed new U20 and U23, so had been diverted from checking them, but both were bad. Not sure why those chips aren't lasting.

Thanks to my trusty Siegecraft switch matrix tester, it showed three bad columns. Two were fixed by replacing U23 and the other by replacing U20.

Thanks everyone!

1 week later
#17 8 years ago

Update: threw in working CPU board and GLM board not working right. Swapped out with OEM opto-16 board and everything is dandy. Will check with GLM to see what sort of service they offer on their boards.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any particular reason you installed the GLM in the first place? Was it because you thought the original opto-16 board had an issue?

I thought it would be handy to have the emitter and photo transitor LED status lights that are on the GLM board for troubleshooting, quicker to know if an opto transmitter or receiver is the culprit, etc.

#20 8 years ago

I'm going to try it one more time before bugging GLM. I've already gone to them twice with apparent opto board issues that ended up being CPU board problems. Will double check to make sure I plugged it in right, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adalogue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-7-switch-rows-closed?tu=adalogue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.