(Topic ID: 86044)

WPC 2.0(tm) - Extensions to WPC 2.0 games (from TPF PPS seminar) ...

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F788A1C3-367B-4682-B25E-22797FF2B844 (resized).jpeg
image.jpg
WPC2slide2.jpg
thingon.jpg
image.jpg
image31 (Small).jpeg
image-225.jpg
game_genie-jpg.jpg
IMG_7736-865.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_6821-191.jpg
IMG_7018-321.jpg
IMG_6817.jpg
fastpinball_wpc_controller.jpg
WPC20-3-166.jpg
WPC20-2-864.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bonnevil69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 10 years ago

Is this platform going to be easier to develop on versus the P-Roc hardware? Which ive found to be pretty easy to use without any programing experience But i suppose it would be hard for you to answer that since you have never used it So you said earlier.

#286 10 years ago

Ahh. So theres the big catch. By our product to mod our product And i suppose the developers member area has a fee. Probably monthly. Well. Thats why they are called Fast. Because they pull FAST ones lol

#289 10 years ago

Okay so is it all a bunch of copy and pasting then. Can you get actual deep rules out of it. It really doesnt take much to get a white board flipping in my experience

#293 10 years ago

Aahhh. Ok. Lol. Yes i couldnt resist the comment. Lol

#315 10 years ago

Probably not. And if Eric did make it with these limitations on creativity. We would have never seen it because it would have just stayed in his personal collection.

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

if all your code is original and not one line is reused then you are correct -there is no legal claim. And also you cannot reuse the name or any copyrighted material. That is why you have new code for Twilight Zone called "back in the zone" and new code for Demolition Man called "demolition time". Those ports are fine because they do not have one line of williams code and are written completely from scratch. They are legal.
All this talk of modifying williams code is very promising but is, I suspect, going to be controlled to a fashion because it still contains williams IP.
If you want to rewrite a game from scratch, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else from doing that right now. It will take you a while though.

This has been possible for a while now. The hardware has been available. The only thing that has changed is a company it appears to me is now taking a monopoly in the act.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

How can a second company showing up in a marketplace be seen as a Monopoly?! Wow. Now the consumer has choice in pinball hardware. If other companies want to develop hardware that meets the licensing requirements and offers an ecosystem to support it, I am certain that PPS is willing to review it.
It's all arguments and debates until the solution is designed, built and powered up for review.
Aaron

Until PPS approves a project with the other board. My comment stands.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Um, like BoP 2.0? Am I missing something? Last time I checked that was approved and P-ROC, no?
Personally I love CCC, but let's at least stick to facts.

I should have specified it better. Yes it is a P-roc project. But im sure it was what caught their attention in the matter of starting up these other 2.0 projects. A catalyst one might say

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

don't know what I'll do ... why do you care.

Wow. That is all i got to say. Wow

#341 10 years ago

This whole section is nothing but frustration.

#348 10 years ago

Im sorry Aaron. You seem to me to be a nice guy. But just from the responses that PPS is giving i dont see why anybody would want to work with them I really dont think they realize the involvement it takes to keep a custom pinball developer community Not to mention being friendly and Answering questions and dealing with our crap. You should always care about why we Care. What we care about is Pinball in all manners. We care about everybody's projects We care when somebody has a problem and do anything we can to help them with it.

#416 10 years ago

Is it possible to post this agreement so we can see it ???

#418 10 years ago

All kinds of companies post legal agreements online. Most do actually. Sample contracts are pretty common in the business world. I send off sample contracts about once a week. Especially standard ones.

#419 10 years ago

Or perhaps you cant post it on your website. It would really be benificial to anybody getting into writing thier own code for an existing game. Maybe if they see it, it will entice them to start a project. Or maybe if your being ureasonable the community of programmers and designers can help make it fair.

#421 10 years ago

It really is a simple request.

#424 10 years ago

Its worth checking out Marks F-14 Second Sortie just to look how nice the cab is turning out. Looks amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 36.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bonnevil69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-20tm-extensions-to-wpc-20-games-from-tpf-pps-seminar?tu=Bonnevil69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.