(Topic ID: 86044)

WPC 2.0(tm) - Extensions to WPC 2.0 games (from TPF PPS seminar) ...

By PPS

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by agodfrey
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
WPC2slide2.jpg
thingon.jpg
image.jpg
image31 (Small).jpeg
image-225.jpg
game_genie-jpg.jpg
IMG_7736-865.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_6821-191.jpg
IMG_7018-321.jpg
IMG_6817.jpg
fastpinball_wpc_controller.jpg
WPC20-3-166.jpg
WPC20-2-864.jpg
WPC20-1-767.jpg

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting, I see two apparent 'batteries' - one molex plug named 'Battery', and one unpopulated 'BAT1'..

The BAT1 is for the real time clock for the Beaglebone Black interface. I built this board by hand and didn't have that part in stock. It will be populated in the released boards, of course.

The "Battery" connector allows a user who wants to use a Beaglebone Black the ability to have a "safe shutdown" of the Linux OS running on the Beaglebone Black. The FAST WPC Controller and FAST Core Controller both include this "safe shutdown" circuitry that when the 5v driving the board is cut, it switches to the power provided by a battery just long enough for the triggered "shutdown" of the Linux OS to complete its shutdown process.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

They should certainly PM me.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

ive past the word along. hope this can get on track !

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

The BAT1 is for the real time clock for the Beaglebone Black interface. I built this board by hand and didn't have that part in stock. It will be populated in the released boards, of course.
The "Battery" connector allows a user who wants to use a Beaglebone Black the ability to have a "safe shutdown" of the Linux OS running on the Beaglebone Black. The FAST WPC Controller and FAST Core Controller both include this "safe shutdown" circuitry that when the 5v driving the board is cut, it switches to the power provided by a battery just long enough for the triggered "shutdown" of the Linux OS to complete its shutdown process.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Ah - very, very smooth..

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Just wait for its effect on System 11 games next!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Are there any new details on this yet.?

6 months later
#505 3 years ago

Any news?

#506 3 years ago

From what I gathered, CV and TotAN were shelved for the time being due to JPop's fall from grace. FH was also paused due to someone else having issues .. but seems like it may be started again when the platform is finished (hopefully soon).

#507 3 years ago

It's unfortunate.....or maybe it was the plan all along to entrust these projects to Kevin and John......the old Williams strategy.....hey.....we tried......

I'm sure it will all come out in due time.....we all might be dead but due time...

1 month later
#508 3 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Are there any new details on this yet.?

Also still waiting on this, any news?

#509 3 years ago

NVM

#510 3 years ago

Since rick from planetary left pinside, I'd say this thread is done. Check the forums on the pps website.

1 week later
#511 3 years ago

When it comes to updating these games I.would say its in our collective hands now. If you like a game and want it updated I would put a call out to like minded people, get a fast or proc board and get working. One person codes, one on dots, one on sounds. Maybe a fourth who does it all. It's so crazy it just might work....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside