errol-spence-boxing.jpg
14396083407_69c855af24_k.jpg
inconceivable.jpg
th-6.jpeg
tank.jpg
th-3-342.jpeg
image.jpg
image-768.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball board work is done in the field all the time.
Shorted coil driver transistors for instance. What tech has not replaced 100s of them in the field?

You guys need to define what you're arguing about. Board work as in transistor or a cap? Sure, not a big deal But a surface mount chip or something like that? Not likely that's being replaced at a bar.

WOZ is a completely new and innovative system, so of course there're going to be some hiccups. The few times I've encountered WOZ's on location, they've been working fine. Mine has worked without a hitch since I set it up, though I can't say the same for my MET LE magnet boards, or my XM LE aux boards (yep, plural on both) or... (do I need to continue?).

I think we can see from who started this thread, his relation to Stern, and who's stirring the pot in the thread (usual WOZ haters), as to what the true agenda is.

Pinball machines need service. Always have, always will. Lloyd is always available for support, and as far as I've heard JJP has worked with every failure under warranty. Not sure we needed all this...

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Easily Metallica. Nothing else has really been close lately.
From Mechslave on what's your favorite game at the moment thread.

Quoted from PinballKen:

Haha. Good ol pinside detective work.

ROFL. Detective work? I've posted the same thing in numerous opinion threads. MET is incredible and I've been addicted to it for months, and I've said so MANY times. And? This isn't an opinion thread. This is a reliability thread.

The fact is that when my MET magnet board went out for the SECOND time this is what happened. My MET goes down, then I call Pat, then we go over a few things and determine the magnet board got fried (again) and he doesn't know why but knows it's a common problem with MET's and then he sends me a replacement board. This has happened twice now. It also happened TWICE with XM LE: aux pcbs fried and game was down until I received new ones. Those boards also went out multiple times on XM machines I know of on route, the PHOF, the 1UP in Denver, etc.

And you know how many threads I made about it? None. Because Stern stood behind it and sent me a new part, so I wait for the part, put it in and fix it and go back to playing pinball.

The reason I point it out here is just to offer a bit of perspective for the WOZ Haters who seem to be totally offended by the notion of a light board going out on WOZ and needing to be replaced under warranty. And to offer the personal perspective that while nothing at all has gone wrong with my WOZ in 9 months or so of play, the same can't be said for the Sterns I owned the same length of time, setup from NIB.

In other words, the sky isn't falling and pinball machines still break down. Have a good day and play more pinball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozs-always-out-of-order-on-location?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.