Topic poll

“Which would you rather have:”

• WOZRR75 NIB 26 votes
    29%
  • 2 Stern Pro's (Tron Excluded) 65 votes
    71%

(91 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

And when i say 2 stern pro's, im thinking <$5k pro's; so Tron is not valid.

Kind of curious where the community stands. WOZRR Appears to be $9k-$9500 NIB shipped. So I imagine 2 stern pro's would trump one WOZRR75, but ive recently played and seen an RR75 and thought it was fun and beautiful. Keith's code is amazing, but is 2 always better than 1?

#2 8 years ago

In my humble opinion 2 Stern Pro > WoZRR > 1 Stern Pro...
I love WoZ but if I had to choose between it and ST + TWD or Mustang, no hesitation: the later.

#3 8 years ago

If you don't plan on keeping them long term then it probably does not matter which way you go because they both will likely devalue about the same. Buy one option, play it, sell it, and get the other option used.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but is 2 always better than 1?

If space was no limit, my pinball warehouse might have a dozen Gottlieb Premier games over a single game Stern. I think most people would take two Stern pros because collectively there's more fun to be had on two different machines, but one great game that only takes up a single footprint would be a big plus to me.

#5 8 years ago

Definitely 2 Sterns. Some great choices currently in production. I'd recommend Met and TWD.

#6 8 years ago

WOZECLE > 2 Stern Pros > WOZRR

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Definitely 2 Sterns. Some great choices currently in production. I'd recommend Met and TWD.

The OP has already owned MET and TWD. Which games is he going to get for less than $5000 each that he has not already owned? GB and what?

#8 8 years ago

I say buy the WOZ, if only to keep JJP's new investors happy.

If you want to have more boutique pinball manufacturers around, then you have to support them.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

WOZECLE > 2 Stern Pros > WOZRR

Interesting - why WOZECLE > WOZRR? Just a color preference?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

is 2 always better than 1?

Not when you're out of space.

#11 8 years ago

Metallica and Mustang are the best Pros.

I would have a tough time passing them up for one machine.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Interesting - why WOZECLE > WOZRR? Just a color preference?

I'm guessing because he owns an ECLE... It must be a color or wood apron preference as the RR version has more "toys"/bling. I prefer the green too. As far as 2 Stern Pros over WOZ, it depends which 2 really. WOZ will be the last to leave my house of my current collection.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Not when you're out of space.

Definitely a true statement. Our game room was full and any change required something to leave and WoZ was a big enough bully to do it.

Not many Sterns could've bumped any of the others out.

If you've got the space and are trying to build a big collection, then 2 is hard to pass up.

#14 8 years ago

I too debated this before buying a RR. I have zero regrets, as woz gets way more attention and compliments from guests. I think it's really a personal decision as I really really wanted a woz, so it trumped 2 sterns for me. I can absolutely see the argument for 2 sterns if they are good games you'll really want though. Keep in mind pro games is what we're discussing, not anything more. I've heard GB pro is really watered down, got is less than, acdc is less than, and so as far as pro tables, options aren't going to match up. Metallica and maybe twd could make sense IMO. Kiss and st are good pros too. Again, simply personal preference.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The OP has already owned MET and TWD. Which games is he going to get for less than $5000 each that he has not already owned? GB and what?

Just checked his collection info and see a Ripleys on his wish list. How about GB Premium and a Ripleys?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 8 years ago

Just checked his collection info and see a Ripleys on his wish list. How about GB Premium and a Ripleys?

Nah neither of those are pros. Ripley's sure isn't!

#17 8 years ago

If I could choose two sterns or one WOZ I would pick the sterns. Woz is still a great game though and fortunately space is more my limiting factor.

#18 8 years ago

Its too bad good RBION's dont grow from tree's.

WOZRR75 really left a good impression last time i played it. Prior to that, i thought woz was a complete stinker. In fact, it took 3 different locations to finally track down a working one and it was not fun to play. This RR75 was setup much better and really 180'd my thought of giving it a second look. I plan to play a WOZ again either this weekend or next to get a third impression of the machine.

#19 8 years ago

Definitely 2 sterns over WOZRR but have you also considered a few good Williams titles as well such as CFTBL, White Water or Funhouse just to name a few?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Prior to that, i thought woz was a complete stinker. In fact, it took 3 different locations to finally track down a working one and it was not fun to play.

Playing at home, set up faster and steeper, made a huge difference for me on WOZ. I had never really loved it on location.

#21 8 years ago

Will the two Stern honeymoons be cumulative and if so, how would it compare time wise with one RR honeymoon? sounds as though some JJP honeymoons never end. Not sure if that is true for a Stern Pro.
My personal belief is that More Machines are Better!!!

#22 8 years ago

I'm a RR owner and would still say take 2 over 1. Lots of great offerings from Stern and more variety. With that said, WOZ is great when setup correctly. Hard choice to be honest. Ideally get all three.

#23 8 years ago

The code on two Stern pros still wouldn't come close to what Keith and Ted put into WOZ's code. Same thing with features / toys. With that being said I can still see going either way. If I only had room for two games I would go with two Stern pros.

#24 8 years ago

I'd rather have a row of 5 system 11's for the same price.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The code on two Stern pros still wouldn't come close to what Keith and Ted put into WOZ's code. Same thing with features / toys. With that being said I can still see going either way. If I only had room for two games I would go with two Stern pros.

What if you had room for 3 pins? Would it be 1 stern pro + 1 RR75? Or 3 pro's?

#26 8 years ago

I would go with 2 pros over WOZ. MET, TWD, and GOT all come to mind for my choices.

#27 8 years ago

Easy decision... Two pro's

#28 8 years ago

It's kinda like cars - one awesome ride or two ok ones..... I'll take the awesome one any day, WOZ

2 weeks later
#29 8 years ago

So, what did you decide?

I just got my WoZ RR75th on Friday. Now, I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But, right now, I'm loving it. I can't imagine trading it for two Sterns. We'll see how I feel in a year or two.

It plays so differently from my Star Trek Pro sitting by its side. I love Star Trek, but when I look at it now, I can't help but feel that it is quite bare in comparison. While Star Trek is all about fast flow and combos, WoZ seems to be all about planning and stacking. I've only scratched the surface of the incredibly deep rules and don't have strategy down well yet, but when I've managed to stack a few modes, its an amazing feeling and yields big points. WoZ also doesn't seem linear at all to me. That is one complaint I have about Star Trek. If you are not in a mode, you are trying to get to the next mode. Again, I love Star Trek, but it is nice to just do different things for a change, and WoZ has a number of possibilities to shoot for at any given moment.

The only problem I think I'm going to have is that now that I've seen the premium work JJP puts into its pins, it's going to be hard going back.

Again, take all of this for what it is -- a man on the third day of his honeymoon.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, what did you decide?
I just got my WoZ RR75th on Friday. Now, I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But, right now, I'm loving it. I can't imagine trading it for two Sterns. We'll see how I feel in a year or two.
It plays so differently from my Star Trek Pro sitting by its side. I love Star Trek, but when I look at it now, I can't help but feel that it is quite bare in comparison. While Star Trek is all about fast flow and combos, WoZ seems to be all about planning and stacking. I've only scratched the surface of the incredibly deep rules and don't have strategy down well yet, but when I've managed to stack a few modes, its an amazing feeling and yields big points. WoZ also doesn't seem linear at all to me. That is one complaint I have about Star Trek. If you are not in a mode, you are trying to get to the next mode. Again, I love Star Trek, but it is nice to just do different things for a change, and WoZ has a number of possibilities to shoot for at any given moment.
The only problem I think I'm going to have is that now that I've seen the premium work JJP puts into its pins, it's going to be hard going back.
Again, take all of this for what it is -- a man on the third day of his honeymoon.

Congrats dude! As for myself, I went down to an open house pin party recentY with one thing on my mind, play the heck out of WOZ and make a decision. First time I played WOZ on location, it was a stinker. 2nd time at a different location was a RR, and loved it. So what happened this 3rd time at the pinball party.... I fell in love with hobbit lol. So looks like I'm gonna squeeze in a hobbit and stay at a 2 pin lineup for awhile rather than go with a 3 pin pro line up. I've been in the hobby a long time and getting burned out and having less time lately has me on the fence that sometimes more isn't always better - Unless you have the time. Hobbit had a spark of something special that I've been wanting in a pinball which stern LE's haven't been giving me. I'm becoming a believer in the stern pro's on the other hand. So long term, the plan will be to have 2 or 3 pro's and 1 jjp pin to rotate around the mix. We'll see where I stand a year from now With this ever changing fickle minded hobby

#31 8 years ago

Good choice. The Hobbit looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 91.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozrr75-vs-2-stern-pros and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.