New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110078)

WOZLE-No signal input

By sepins

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pins.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Have read on other posts there is a reset button somewhere inside chassis. Anyone have a pic of this mysterious button...LOL

Thanks!!!

#2 5 years ago

Some games don't have it. Have to jump 2 pins on the motherboard. I'll find the pic.

#3 5 years ago

Mine has it. You need to tell people exactly what to look for.

It is attached to the wiring loom towards the front of the machine inside the metal cabinet. It is a little grey and black button and very hard to realize what it is. Once You find it has a label on it.

Hope this helps someone in the future!!!

#4 5 years ago

For the ones that do have it there is a big tag on it that says "reset" in red letters

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For the ones that do have it there is a big tag on it that says "reset" in red letters

And for the ones that have it my "BIG TAG" was under the wire loom out of site. So when You find the button You can pull the tag out from under the loom for future reference

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Some games don't have it. Have to jump 2 pins on the motherboard. I'll find the pic.

And You should post the pic of what needs to be jumped on motherboard on this thread for future reference.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

And You should post the pic of what needs to be jumped on motherboard on this thread for future reference.

It's been posted a bunch of times. I have to find the pic somewhere so i can repost it.

#9 5 years ago

If someone has this issue and they will eventually, I think this thread has easy directions.

Good luck if You had to come here...LOL

#10 5 years ago

sepins can you post a pic of that button/loom/area? i searched and search yesterday but couldn't find it. didnt need it but would like to know were it is. i assume the RR would all have these.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i assume the RR would all have these.

Since they started using the unified power supply board they don't put a reset switch in. You have to pull a jumper on the power supply board too.

LTG : )

#12 5 years ago

so i would have to pull a jumper? or short across 2 pins?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

that does seem kind of scary and primitive to have to do to a new game.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

that does seem kind of scary and primitive to have to do to a new game.

Neither scary nor primitive. It's a failsafe built into every modern mother board. That's why all PC's have reset switches.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Neither scary nor primitive. It's a failsafe built into every modern mother board. That's why all PC's have reset switches.

If all modern PC's have reset switches, why not WOZ?

#16 5 years ago

Even with reset switches, sometimes you have to clear the CMOS. e.g. pull battery and apply the jumper to the 2 clr cmos pins.

It may seem primitive but its been a good system for years.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If all modern PC's have reset switches, why not WOZ?

Most woz do have it. Reread the thread.

#18 5 years ago

Maybe re-read his question? He was asking, if "all" modern PC's have reset switches, then why do only "most" WOZ games have reset switches. Why don't they all?

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Most woz do have it. Reread the thread.

I don't know anything about WOZ, buy why can't you just go into the CMOS and do a reset instead of pulling the battery etc?

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Even with reset switches, sometimes you have to clear the CMOS. e.g. pull battery and apply the jumper to the 2 clr cmos pins.

#19 5 years ago

I was just asking a question as a computer dummy. I would be intimidated to do that, rather have a button. Just seems safer. I understand that you get defensive every time someone doesn't fawn over every aspect of the game. Take a breath, it's only pinball

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Both if you have the unified power supply board.

Please email me service AT jerseyjackpinball DOT com and I'll email you info and pictures.

LTG : )

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe re-read his question? He was asking, if "all" modern PC's have reset switches, then why do only "most" WOZ games have reset switches. Why don't they all?

I don't know anything about WOZ, buy why can't you just go into the CMOS and do a reset instead of pulling the battery etc?

Because the root cause of the failafe didn't occur in testing and become apparent until after we shipped some games. OP's game has it and we shipped it to people who asked for one but jumping 2 pins is the same effect.

#22 5 years ago

"I don't know anything about WOZ, buy why can't you just go into the CMOS and do a reset instead of pulling the battery etc?"

Pressing the reset button or applying the jumpers almost always works, and should work in this case.

However:

Computers have quite a few capacitors on the main boards. Once in a great while this "stored power" will keep the CMOS from resetting properly. So its common that if pressing the reset button or applying the jumper has no effect, pull the CMOS battery and do it again. This will definitely reset the CMOS.

#23 5 years ago

I had a no input on mine, found reset button, pressed it and came back to almost life.

Now my monkey operates at 1/2 speed and I have upside down computer gibberish in hologram on crystal ball. Did I do something wrong or need to do something else?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I had a no input on mine, found reset button, pressed it and came back to almost life.
Now my monkey operates at 1/2 speed and I have upside down computer gibberish in hologram on crystal ball. Did I do something wrong or need to do something else?

Maybe try unplugging the game from the wall, flip the power on switch to the on position,hit the start button a couple times (while un-plugged),
Flip the power on switch to off, Plug the game back in, flip power on.

See if this clears the error.

#25 5 years ago

Ah. To clear capacitor residual power?

#26 5 years ago

Yeah, that did the trick. And running a test on winged monkey brought him back up to full speed.

Great job gang!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ah. To clear capacitor residual power?

Yes, and much easier than pulling out the battery.

#28 5 years ago

I'm glad I could help, and that you can once again enjoy this amazing game!

3 years later
#29 2 years ago

Thank you thank you pinside that no signal was a bad bad feeling

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside