(Topic ID: 69090)

WOZLE in the game room.....Hobbit LE now ordered.

By dannunz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smokedog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

After getting my wozle there was no doubt in my mind I had to order Hobbit le. Everything about woz shouts quality. With the newest code the game is a loads of fun and only going to get better. I played it in a totally dark room and it was fine for me. Kind of like playing tz in the dark. The lcd screen is a game changer for me, just amazing. When I look at all I am getting with JJP I feel like I'm getting my money worth and than some.

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The lcd screen is a game changer for me, just amazing

I agree 1000%

#3 10 years ago

Sounds great. I'll be waiting a while yet for my WOZ ECLE. I'm a day 1 order for my TH LE though.

#4 10 years ago

I love my WOZ as well. Very challenging pin and just a beauty to look at. I would have ordered The Hobbit as well, but I already paid my full price for STLE. Still considering it though if the pin doesn't take as long as WOZ to produce.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

When I look at all I am getting with JJP I feel like I'm getting my money worth and than some.

I feel we haven't seen this since the turn of the millennium.

#6 10 years ago

I helped PanzerFreak move his new WOZLE last week and we played a few games with a couple of brews. I came home and turned on my games to play and they looked like crap compared to WOZ. I shut them off without even playing any of them.
    I will be buying every JJP NIB game that comes out and selling off a Stern game to make room. More game for the money...simple as that. And the JJP games are real works of art in comparison to the offerings from "the only maker of real pinball games on the planet".

#7 10 years ago

My biggest worry is that JJP will keep putting out games that I can't resist, I'll be broke Even though TH isn't a dream theme for me, I feel that it's just going to be such an awesome game that I had to go for it. Almost hoping that JJP #3 will be a theme that I don't like

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

I love my WOZ as well. Very challenging pin and just a beauty to look at. I would have ordered The Hobbit as well, but I already paid my full price for STLE. Still considering it though if the pin doesn't take as long as WOZ to produce.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the relative value/quality of these 2 games once you have both!

#9 10 years ago

Yeah I was up at Pintucky's house and played Junk Yard after about a 2 hour session on WOZ. Man that thing felt tiny and very very basic in comparison, and it's a Williams game!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The lcd screen is a game changer for me, just amazing.

Yep, it not only doesn't disappoint, it exceeded my expectations and I've been saying it since Jan. 2011, the LCD is a "game changer".............its just amazing and the work that goes into making it jive with the game play code itself must be a monumental task...........

The LCD changed slot machines forever and now pinball machines and we are just at the beginning of an amazing transformation!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Almost hoping that JJP #3 will be a theme that I don't like

I know the feeling!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I helped PanzerFreak move his new WOZLE last week and we played a few games with a couple of brews. I came home and turned on my games to play and they looked like crap compared to WOZ. I shut them off without even playing any of them.
    I will be buying every JJP NIB game that comes out and selling off a Stern game to make room. More game for the money...simple as that. And the JJP games are real works of art in comparison to the offerings from "the only maker of real pinball games on the planet".

Sorry to hear that. I'll take that SpiderMan off your hands ...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

My biggest worry is that JJP will keep putting out games that I can't resist, I'll be broke Even though TH isn't a dream theme for me, I feel that it's just going to be such an awesome game that I had to go for it. Almost hoping that JJP #3 will be a theme that I don't like

Maybe you can sacrifice a few of those 95 pins in the collection!

As I was reading that I also was thinking to myself, what if #3, 4 and 5 are really great themes that I love..........TH and WOZ are not "dream themes" for me but I'm thrilled with Woz, I've got RAZA, TH and MMR as vapor pins coming, cut Predator out and will probably cut MMR out.............its gonna be tough because I ain't gonna run it up to 95 pins...

Wtf to do, wow

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Almost hoping that JJP #3 will be a theme that I don't like

Think again..........

#16 10 years ago

Two years ago I would have never thought I would ever run out of room. But now I'm getting close.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe you can sacrifice a few of those 95 pins in the collection!
    As I was reading that I also was thinking to myself, what if #3, 4 and 5 are really great themes that I love..........TH and WOZ are not "dream themes" for me but I'm thrilled with Woz, I've got RAZA, TH and MMR as vapor pins coming, cut Predator out and will probably cut MMR out.............its gonna be tough because I ain't gonna run it up to 95 pins...
    Wtf to do, wow

Ice you and I have the same 3 vapor pins coming, I really only have room for 5 pins in my game room so I'm gunna be busting at the seams... if more cool pins keep coming out I'm gunna be in trouble

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Think again..........

Star Wars, Haunted House, or Harry Potter?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ice you and I have the same 3 vapor pins coming, I really only have room for 5 pins in my game room so I'm gunna be busting at the seams... if more cool pins keep coming out I'm gunna be in trouble

Man I know, 5 is gonna be tough, and its not a question of "if" but how many and how fast! I've got 4 in my game room that could hold another 8 and just put two in my garage that I put a mini split a/c heater into it and go another ????, don't even want to think about it so I'm putting a limit of 10............which sounds absurd and ridiculous to me, 10 freaking pinball machines, yikes, how much farther will the sickness go......

I think you are right on DC, its one of those three and I would guess that those could be 2 of the next 3 or all three....

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear that. I'll take that spiderman off your hands ...

Funny you mention that. I just can't figure out if I like SM cause its so pretty with all the LEDs, colored webbies and mirror blades, or just because I like a ramp shot game and lots of toys. It really does not get much play here, but theres just something about it that make me want to keep it around. And AC/DC premium with Orange Hemi mods and mirror blades might have to stay too.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

After getting my wozle there was no doubt in my mind I had to order Hobbit le. Everything about woz shouts quality. With the newest code the game is a loads of fun and only going to get better. I played it in a totally dark room and it was fine for me. Kind of like playing tz in the dark. The lcd screen is a game changer for me, just amazing. When I look at all I am getting with JJP I feel like I'm getting my money worth and than some.

pictures of you has or woz is still in the box

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I feel the exact same way. The game is just a blast to play and there's so much going on in it. The LCD is perfect for a game like WOZ which has a deep ruleset as it can easily show you progress of multiple modes at once plus the animations are really cool. I've never had this much fun playing pinball before.

I'm in for the Hobbit LE as well. At Expo Jack said that The Hobbit team has the mindset of "WOZ is our worst game so it has to be better then that". Can't wait to see what JJP has in store for us with that game. Jack also made references to "a lot going on underground" in TH so who knows what extra goodies we will see on the game. Joe Balcer already mentioned when asked about subways that one subway splits into two.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Funny you mention that. I just can't figure out if I like SM cause its so pretty with all the LEDs, colored webbies and mirror blades, or just because I like a ramp shot game and lots of toys. It really does not get much play here, but theres just something about it that make me want to keep it around. And AC/DC premium with Orange Hemi mods and mirror blades might have to stay too.

My sentiments on SM exactly! Every time I go back to it, it makes me want to keep it around, but it will probably be the first one to go, if one goes......

#24 10 years ago

Been playing my new Wozle since friday and while I love my BSM and Lotrle the experience is WAY different. No comparison on cabinet, artwork, attention to detail, and the amount of "things" happening on the playfield. Kids come over and are immediately taken in by the lcd. Really makes me hope that my Mmle will have some decent upgrades compared to the original. Anyway, I'll warm back up to my "old" machines but JJP has really raised the bar.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I feel the exact same way. The game is just a blast to play and there's so much going on in it. The LCD is perfect for a game like WOZ which has a deep ruleset as it can easily show you progress of multiple modes at once plus the animations are really cool. I've never had this much fun playing pinball before.
    I'm in for the Hobbit LE as well. At Expo Jack said that The Hobbit team has the mindset of "WOZ is our worst game so it has to be better then that". Can't wait to see what JJP has in store for us with that game. Jack also made references to "a lot going on underground" in TH so who knows what extra goodies we will see on the game. Joe Balcer already mentioned when asked about subways that one subway splits into two.

Its the hobbit....there has to be some under ground action. Jack promised me multiple subways for the hobbit.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Quoted from mnpinball:

Think again..........

Quoted from DCFAN:

Star Wars, Haunted House, or Harry Potter?

Any one of those 3 and I'll be in trouble

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Think again..........

How does this guy always seem to have all of the inside information?

Is he the mob boss that made loans to both of these outfits or an elite hacker that has broken into their computers? Inquiring minds want to know.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the relative value/quality of these 2 games once you have both!

Will definitely let you guys know once STLE comes!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

It will be worth $10K by Christmas.

That guy ?

LTG : )

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

Is he the mob boss that made loans to both of these outfits or an elite hacker that has broken into their computers? Inquiring minds want to know.

Easy to look like you have inside information when you don't actually say anything.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I agree 100%. I knuckled under on the Hobbit to go with my Lord of the Rings when it was announced. Once Wizard of Oz arrived (#207) I knew I was not out of my mind. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the theme, the game is just so much fun, stunning to look at and is extremely well built.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Easy to look like you have inside information when you don't actually say anything.

and doesn't actually have any

#33 10 years ago

For you guys with no room for more JJP pins operate them ! Looks like they are going to more than pay for themselves on location. Then you can buy the house next door for more room.

#34 10 years ago

I like the way you think.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from jungle:

For you guys with no room for more JJP pins operate them ! Looks like they are going to more than pay for themselves on location.

I'm no mathalete but here goes ...

Price of WoZ standard after tax and shipping and USD conversion = $7590 CND
    50/50 split with location, $1 a play
    15,180 plays before break even purchase price
    assume 100 plays a week (which would be the most ever for one machine at my location)
    it would only have to be at my location for 4 years before break even.
    Sweet!
    Of course, I would have to clean and maintain it and replace parts on it for free for 4 years, but, it's for the love of the game.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I'm no mathalete but here goes ...

Price of WoZ standard after tax and shipping and USD conversion = $7590 CND
    50/50 split with location, $1 a play
    15,180 plays before break even purchase price
    assume 100 plays a week (which would be the most ever for one machine at my location)
    it would only have to be at my location for 4 years before break even.
    Sweet!
    Of course, I would have to clean and maintain it and replace parts on it for free for 4 years, but, it's for the love of the game.

when we had the machines on the route we always looked them and said "if we can get our money back in 3-5 years then it was a good machine".

looks like you should order a couple of them!

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

when we had the machines on the route

The early 90's were great for pins on location ...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozle-in-the-game-roomhobbit-le-now-ordered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.