(Topic ID: 59248)

WOZLE hits Pike Road, Alabama!! Roll Tide!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RTR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paranoid-executive[10].jpg
#1 10 years ago

WOZLE was delivered successfully today! Not a mark on it - thank you ABF Freight.

My only complaint on set up is that the machine is prettier than a new car. You just don't want to mar it in any way. Even while my wife is saying 'hurry up, hurry up!!' the whole time.

#2 10 years ago

Not sure what version this is running at the moment. Build date was 7/29. We just started playing as quickly as we could. Then lightning storm comes and we had to shut her down.

Wife loves it already better than any game that I currently have 'by a million' - her words.

#3 10 years ago

Dude you're closer to Auburn than 'Bama! Damn my parents still live in Auburn and my pinball options there are weak ass so I may have to hit you up to play - looks like you've got quite the collection!

#4 10 years ago

Sure, give me a call when you are in town. I will let auburn fans play for half price!

There really are no pinball options around here.

I don't know of a single game on location in Montgomery area.

#5 10 years ago

Don't bother downloading 1.16, you are at 1.14 currently and 1.17 will be a full update tomorrow so wait for that.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Don't bother downloading 1.16, you are at 1.14 currently and 1.17 will be a full update tomorrow so wait for that.

Thanks Death! (This may be the first time I have ever said that?)

I did notice it was at 1.14 as I was changing some of the settings.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Thanks Death! (This may be the first time I have ever said that?)

LOL

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Sure, give me a call when you are in town. I will let auburn fans play for half price!
There really are no pinball options around here.
I don't know of a single game on location in Montgomery area.

Will do - probably not until the holidays. Are you around during that break like from around Christmas to New Years? It's so boring in Auburn but I gotta visit the folks

#9 10 years ago

FYI - my game worked flawlessly right out of the box. I have noticed the GI problem. It does appear that some of the LEDs could use a positional adjustment to line up better with the light tubes. I will prob wait until the update tomorrow before adjusting anything.

#10 10 years ago

So, after playing this all night, here are a few observations (spoiler alert for those that want to learn about the game on your own):

The GI is a problem if you like playing in total darkness. I don't, so not really a problem for me although it could be turned up a bit. I have other games that don't play well in total darkness.

This game is way faster and has more flow than some people have indicated in other posts. The flippers are plenty strong for me at whatever the standard setting is out of the box in 1.14. I can hit the center ramp shot from either lower flipper easily.

Lots of shots to hit and nice modes to complete. Toto mode to save ball from right outlane drain is cool, but pretty easy. Try completing the There's No Place Like Home mode to save your ball from the left outlane drain. I thought I completed it when I completed the rainbow. Ha! Was I surprised.

The voice work on the call outs is superb to me. I was worried about that from reading posts, but that concern was way overblown IMO. I think they are very well done, especially in person.
Listening to them on a youtube video is not a good substitute.

Still plenty to do from the software side, but I have to say that after the wait and reading posts about this game for months and months - it has exceeded my expectation by quite a margin thus far!

And my wife LOVES it. Nuff said.

#11 10 years ago

paranoid-executive[10].jpgparanoid-executive[10].jpg

#12 10 years ago

That is what I felt like unpacking this jewel! Scared to scratch it anywhere!!!

#13 10 years ago

Congrats Mike !!!!

#14 10 years ago

Congrats!! Great Pin!!

#15 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I was worried about this thing after reading so many whiny posts about it. I can't imagine anyone not liking this pin once they play one that is dialed in, error free, and has a recent software update. It is awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozle-hits-pike-road-alabama-roll-tide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.