• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canadians.jpg
keep-calm-its-canada-eh-2.png
008.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep, wish I liked the theme and gameplay more, I would be all over it...

Theme isn't for all but the game play is spot on.

#90 10 years ago

Compounding the matter is the fact that anyone local that wanted this game has it or has one on the way. Off the top of my head there are 10 I can think of in Calgary alone. The price or apparent lack of interest locally has nothing to do with the quality of the game. All about demand IMO.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

But does anybody know for how long?
Until the existing written warranty is revised by JJP in writing, or equivalent, questions will linger for the potential second buyers.

Better than what you're going to get buying a used stern. Would be a nightmare for JJP to extend a warranty to additional owners. Think about it.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

1. Nothing to do with Stern.
2. I am not promoting JJP extends the warranty. Re-read what I wrote. You are missing the point.

"Until the existing written warranty is revised by JJP in writing, or equivalent, questions will linger for the potential second buyers. "

I re-read - you noted "warranty is revised by jjp in writing" "questions will linger for the potential SECOND buyers". If you intended something else then guess i'm unclear.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

try again - still missing my point. Simple question.
Clue: Does a verbal warranty override an official written warranty?
Bump for op: glws, good price.

Sorry no time for games or reading into posts.

To OP - GLWS. Watching this one closely.

1 week later
#125 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

less so in Canada apparently.

Think its really case of the main distributor here in Canada doing a very good job of securing a bunch of WOZ for us to buy. Everyone that wanted one here has one already........or unfortunately they went direct and are on the infamous waiting list.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

They've only shipped a couple hundred Woz's total (5-6-7 hundred maybe?), and there no more demand already in the entire country? Yikes!
Jesus, it's cold up there- this should be prime pinball playing weather!

Population of canada ~ 34 Mil
Population of california ~ 36 Mil

Do the math.

Still wouldn't want to be anywhere but Canada. We live in the weather so we don't try and avoid it.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol.... ever been here?
Should have done your homework....
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/10/29/3323828/cary-claims-lowest-crime-rate.html
I cant speak for the whole state, but the city I live in has the lowest crime rate in the country....
btw, since you asked, hows the crime in Calgary?
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/762000/calgarys-2013-homicide-count-outpacing-other-cities/
btw, I wasn't picking on Calgary (nice city to visit for sure), was more making a tongue-in-cheek comment about California being a foreign country... but that's fine...
Post edited by lowepg

Wait - you want to compare Cary with a population of 150,000 to Calgary. No Calgary is not big by some American city standards, but at 1 Mil, the two cities are not.....well how about comparing apples to apples. The article you've quoted itself only compares it with cities up to a max of 500,000.........for a reason. It is also "based on data for eight crimes tracked by the FBI and analyzed by Cary officials". Kinda seems like data used to attract home buyers to a community vs giving an indication of overall crime activity. Nor can you shallowly equate overall safety and crime rates based off of murder counts no matter how terrible they may be. In short - the two articles you note are kinda irrelevant. But thanks anyway for the read.

But anyway......... back to pinball. The point was indeed that distance from potential buyers is the issue. Everyone that wanted a WOZ here has one or has paid in full and is waiting on the list. I don't know the entire pin community of Alberta, but even based on my limited knowledge I can think of about 10 machines. I can't do the same for any other game - newly released or classic.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems that sales of all high end machines have slowed ( from what I see on the threads, maybe others can chime in)....but man, the 3-5k HUO games are getting snatched in a day ( took me 4 tries to land my TSPP and crafty negotiating to get FG after losing a few)......

That'd be my observation here locally as well. 18 months ago there were games that would go up on kijiji and would be gone within the hour. Now they don't seem to be moving at all.

1 week later
#172 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Once the new code drops and the fix for the light boards is out, this is going to seem like an absolute bargain.

Ya - but then the price goes up Anyone on the fence should buy this now. 2.0 update is gonna be fantastic and JJP will address light board issues. Buy now and save a few $$

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozle-749999?tu=Hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.