WOZLE #47 has landed in Knoxville!

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I bought this pin from Bruce up in Michigan. I just got a call from R+L carriers setting up delivery for tomorrow afternoon. I'll take some photos tomorrow after I get home from work.

Looking forward to updating this tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

#2 10 years ago

congrats. Get help for set up. I set mine up myself and definitely pulled something, it is as heavy as people say it is.

#3 10 years ago

I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the advice.

#4 10 years ago

I found one the space needle arcAde in downtown Gatlenburg not too far from you. WOZ was definitely the prettiest machine I saw at PAPA. Glad you have one for your home!

#5 10 years ago

Good deal. I think that is Buddy's down there. I played his Transformers there back in March and I thought he told me he was going to put a WOZ there. I'm staying in our cabin the weekend before Thanksgiving and I was hoping that would be my chance to play a WOZ but that was before I impulsively decided to buy this.

Was his Transformers still there? When I played it there were a number of things wrong with it so I left with a poor feeling about the game but think it might have been partially just do to service-related issues. I wouldn't mind trying out that again.

#6 10 years ago

No I found a Ripley's in Pigeon Forge, but my IPhone app listed several other pins in area that I did not have time to track down. I got 5 balls for a buck (2 dollars 3 balls at PAPA, but money went to charity!). I played over an hour why my wife and kid spent 40 bucks for a two dollar stuffed ticket toy. U gotta love the Modern arcade. I think you made a good purchase. I'm debating between a WOZ or Mettallica after I free up some cash.

#7 10 years ago

Congratulations!
This machine is a beast!
We found it a lot easier to just remove the head first. Its a matter of removing two allen bolts on the hinge, then disconnecting the red and white video cables that hook into the monitor. Made life a bit easier and lighter..but then again..the dealer I bought if from has it down pat from past deliveries so many times to my house already.

Enjoy!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Good deal. I think that is Buddy's down there. I played his Transformers there back in March and I thought he told me he was going to put a WOZ there. I'm staying in our cabin the weekend before Thanksgiving and I was hoping that would be my chance to play a WOZ but that was before I impulsively decided to buy this.
Was his Transformers still there? When I played it there were a number of things wrong with it so I left with a poor feeling about the game but think it might have been partially just do to service-related issues. I wouldn't mind trying out that again.

TF:LE is pretty too but it always seems to have ball hang up issues. I think that might be why some are for sale in the 4600 to 5200 price range which was well below cost of the pin. The McKee topper is one of the best ever for any pin! Glad you are getting an ECLEWOZ and helping out a fellow pinsider.

#9 10 years ago

Well, I just set up my ECLEWOZ by myself as the wife wasn't feeling good and went to bed early. It was heavy but I managed.

I've been playing non-stop for the last couple of hours and have had a ton of fun even though I really don't know what I'm doing. I guess part of the fun is learning.

My kids had already gone to bed before I started putting unboxing it but when I was almost ready to fire her up my older son came downstairs. I let him hang around and we played 10 or so games together before I made him go back to bed. The great thing about that is that he likes pinball the least of any of my kids and he was LOVING it!

One of the main reasons I bought WOZ was to get my kids and wife more involved. So far so good!

I do have some thoughts and comments about the game itself but will save those for tomorrow as I'm tired and need to hit the bed.

Have a good night!

#10 10 years ago

My kids had already gone to bed before I started putting unboxing it but when I was almost ready to fire her up my older son came downstairs. I let him hang around and we played 10 or so games together before I made him go back to bed. The great thing about that is that he likes pinball the least of any of my kids and he was LOVING it!

One of the main reasons I bought WOZ was to get my kids and wife more involved. So far so good!

Congrats.....

#11 10 years ago

I think that's one of the strengths of WOZ, to be able to get others interested in pinball that would otherwise not be. Whether that interest transcends to other games is yet to be seen.
Congrats on the new toy!

#12 10 years ago

Congratulation,WOZ is very funny game

#13 10 years ago

Congrats on getting your game! That's awesome to hear how much your family is getting into WOZ. One of the reasons I bought WOZ myself is that I saw my wife enjoying it at an expo more then any other game. When it came time to me discussing selling my LOTR for a WOZLE it didn't take much to convince her, haha.There's something about WOZ that really seems to attrack people that haven't played pinball before. I'm thinking that the LCD is a big draw as well as the RGB LED lighting and the high quality look of the cabinet that are drawing new players in.

#14 10 years ago

Yes it brought my wife back into playing pinball again also.

#15 10 years ago

Well, I just set up my ECLEWOZ by myself ...

I'm impressed. My WOZ #286 arrives in Knoxville tomorrow. I have a lot of cleaning up and moving games around before I'll be able to set it up. I've been meaning to run down to Gatlinburg to play WOZ while I'm waiting.

#16 10 years ago

Jim...sent you a PM with my local contact info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozle-47-has-landed-in-knoxville and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.