View topic image gallery

nosoup.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ah- that's good to know.
I thought the OP was suggesting he still had light board issues that were unresolved.

He may, I was just responding to the comment about JJP supporting the light board issue past warranty. My game was made with the original 5v boards so was certainly a concern of mine.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Wait.....you mean lightening can bridge 500 hundred yards from the sky to the earth, rip through a tree, and then bridge to your house through mid air, and melt the wiring in your house......and a surge protector can't stop it? At $17 a piece I wasted a lot of money thinking is was protected. Hell I even carry one with me, during a storm, I am very afraid of being struck by lightening.

Not all surge supression is created equally. At $17 you likely bought a glorified power bar.
Also not all transient spikes are lightning related. I just finished replacing a 500HP motor and VFD that were damaged due to a transient spike from a car hittimg a power pole, total costs so far $135k
If you're really concerned with a spike you should consider whole house protection which is a surge suppresion unit that connects to the electrical panel, they run about $180 (cdn), but even those won't help if your house is hit by lighting. I've had to do an investigation on a house that took a direct hit and it was amazing how destructive it is. Fires at multiple points in the house, some electronics melted, some not effected at all and a ladscaping railroad tie was thrown across the yard and thrpugh the neighbour's sliding glass windows... No amount of surge suppresion is going to be able to dissipate that kind of energy.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

did they send you any free mylar ? ....
or did u have to pay for that too.

You know I was actually hoping that might happen but unfortunately not.

The game is back working now, I just transferred over the parts I needed and will hopefully get a partial refund for the ones I couldn't use.

As far as the light boards, Jack has said warranty time doesn't matter but as others have said, It would have been nice to see them admit a mistake and just replace them with the updated ones.

Sorry for the continued rant, it has just been very disappointing.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This actually made me LOL.

haha me too

#105 8 years ago

one question. are the WOZ playfields as good as they should be ?
aside from the bader initial run, im probably talking current crop..

#106 8 years ago

Mine's beautiful...and I'm from August 2013, the same time frame as TaylorVA. So go figure...

#107 8 years ago

August 2013 here too. Flawless pf. Maybe environmental? Higher humidity? A/C on all the time? I know my STLE had decal issues because of my A/C, caused delam of rh side.

Other than some pesky light board issues its been trouble free.

#108 8 years ago

Oct 2013 playfields had defective clear.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

August 2013 here too. Flawless pf. Maybe environmental? Higher humidity? A/C on all the time? I know my STLE had decal issues because of my A/C, caused delam of rh side.
Other than some pesky light board issues its been trouble free.

My game was kept in a controlled environment and I don't think that had anything to do with the art
separation, my clear was pretty thin.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

No amount of surge suppresion is going to be able to dissipate that kind of energy.

#111 8 years ago
So surge suppressor packaging should now carry a disclaimer: "Will not stop flying railroad ties".

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Attention to detail was lacking during the manufacture

Exactly. This is lack of quality assurance on the factory floor and in the design - plain and simple. The wiring is a mess in these games. I had to go through WOZ and fix the wire routing in many places, not to mention that the computer box was not secured properly at the factory and the box crashed to the back of the cabinet when turned vertical for the shipping. There were a bunch of cables disconnected and I had to move the computer in place and secure it properly. Fortunately after hunting down all of the loose connectors the machine worked and did not appear to have any damage. They definitely need to send some of the factory workers to ISO-9000 training and implement a Quality Management System...

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Oct 2013 playfields had defective clear.

My WOZECLE has a build date of 10/24/2013 and I have had no problems with the clear and there are around 400 or so total plays on it. I don't think every playfield in the October 2013 timeframe has an issue with the clear or perhaps I haven't played my game enough yet.

Gord

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

He could've fixed it himself. But shouldn't have to. It was a manufacturing defect and JJP has egg on their face for the way this was all handled. Attention to detail was lacking during the manufacture and again with the followup after the problem occurred.

Isn't WoZ "the best built, highest quality machine" ever made?

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

... and there are around 400 or so total plays on it

That's about $17 a game

This isn't a JJP specific comment. Just a general observation on modern nib pricing.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

That's about $17 a game
This isn't a JJP specific comment. Just a general observation on modern nib pricing.

And when he sells it for the same price he paid for it, what is the cost?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

My WOZECLE has a build date of 10/24/2013 and I have had no problems with the clear and there are around 400 or so total plays on it. perhaps I haven't played my game enough yet.
Gord

I'll say you haven't played it enough yet! I've got about 2000 plays on mine and I got it only about a month before you.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And when he sells it for the same price he paid for it, what is the cost?

I was told there would be no math ...

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll say you haven't played it enough yet! I've got about 2000 plays on mine and I got it only about a month before you.

The game was a gift to my wife so I don't really play it that much. I am not super into the theme.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was told there would be no math ...

And I was told there would be a Hobbit.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Maybe environmental? Higher humidity? A/C on all the time? I know my STLE had decal issues because of my A/C, caused delam of rh side.

Not sure what this means. The A/C was blowing directly on one area and it dried out the decal?

A project pin I got had a lot of corrosion and rust on the playfield, and not much inside cab or backbox other than some specs on the fuses. I imagine there was a lack of A/C, and the humidity and day/night temperature change caused moisture and corrosion under the glass in that case. Maybe it was due to a cold environment?

Any others have experience with their pins in different environments?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly. This is lack of quality assurance on the factory floor and in the design - plain and simple. The wiring is a mess in these games. I had to go through WOZ and fix the wire routing in many places, not to mention that the computer box was not secured properly at the factory and the box crashed to the back of the cabinet when turned vertical for the shipping. There were a bunch of cables disconnected and I had to move the computer in place and secure it properly. Fortunately after hunting down all of the loose connectors the machine worked and did not appear to have any damage. They definitely need to send some of the factory workers to ISO-9000 training and implement a Quality Management System...

actually ive never seen the factory line workers at JJP... all pics seem to be "after hours" when literally and conveniently, no one is around..

do show.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

actually ive never seen the factory line workers at JJP... all pics seem to be "after hours" when literally and conveniently, no one is around..
do show.

There you go, Oompa Loompas are Building JJP games!

#124 8 years ago

Are you sure that the photos are taken after working hours ?

Day 69 waiting on RRWOZ75 build.

I have heard the refrain of "Two more weeks" three times now from JJP.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from DorothyMacaw:

nosoup.jpgnosoup.jpg

#126 8 years ago

so people are still waiting on WOZ? That is crazy

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

There you go, Oompa Loompas are Building JJP games!

They unionized after Gene Wilder died, spray tan city, baby!

#128 8 years ago

Yet Buddy is picking up about 7 or so this week. And a 69 day wait on WOZ is nothing compared to early adopters who waited years. Just be patient...the wait will all be worth it.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yet Buddy is picking up about 7 or so this week. And a 69 day wait on WOZ is nothing compared to early adopters who waited years. Just be patient...the wait will all be worth it.

You might want to ask buddy about those ruby reds before using that as a positive. Trust me on that one.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They unionized after Gene Wilder died

Gene Wilder died???

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gene Wilder died???

No he did not. He is 82 and alive and kicking:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Wilder

#133 8 years ago

Quick....hear no evil see no evil remake......ohh wait... ...................Joey

2 weeks later
#134 8 years ago

Due to some peoples take on this thread, I took a step back and re-looked at my concern. I honestly tried to take the high road. I spoke to Frank and explained the situation of the replacement parts not fitting. He was very nice to deal with and asked for a few days to look over my pictures and he would get back to me, I agreed. After a week of no replies I sent him another email and was told "I'm very busy but I was a priority and he had marked this email and would get back to me". Fast forward ANOTHER week and still no reply from Frank. To be clear, that's 2 weeks after asking a simple question about being charged for the wrong parts and I still have no response.

Pinsiders, call me crazy, a train wreck, whatever you want but if this is considered "so called, excellent customer service" I disagree.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Due to some peoples take on this thread, I took a step back and re-looked at my concern. I honestly tried to take the high road. I spoke to Frank and explained the situation of the replacement parts not fitting. He was very nice to deal with and asked for a few days to look over my pictures and he would get back to me, I agreed. After a week of no replies I sent him another email and was told "I'm very busy but I was a priority and he had marked this email and would get back to me". Fast forward ANOTHER week and still no reply from Frank. To be clear, that's 2 weeks after asking a simple question about being charged for the wrong parts and I still have no response.
Pinsiders, call me crazy, a train wreck, whatever you want but if this is considered "so called, excellent customer service" I disagree.

Sorry for your continued troubles. Seems like a no brainer thing that they should be able to take care of.

But hey, they're "busy" and they have your money already. Priorities seem pretty clear

#136 8 years ago

I thought LTG was working as a representative for JJP support...

Colour me bad, but shouldn't this be resolved by now...by any stretch of the imagination?

#137 8 years ago

Spencer- please email me at [email protected] or call me at 732-364-9900 ext 203 and we will get this sorted out today. Thank you!

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Spencer- please email me at [email protected] or call me at 732-364-9900 ext 203 and we will get this sorted out today. Thank you!

Hope Jen can get it straightened out...

#139 8 years ago

Great news that someone at JJP is putting in the effort to make this right.

But still a "boo" that you have to be a squeaky wheel just to get some grease

1 week later
#140 8 years ago

Spoke to Jen several times, she was very friendly and easy to deal with. They have decided to refund my purchase and send me a check.

I can say that every conversation I've had with JJP has been very easy. Looking forward to closing this concern.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I thought LTG was working as a representative for JJP support...

I am. Frank is the service manager.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozle-100-completely-dead-help-please/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.