By MightyGrave

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello folks,

I consider to buy an DI. But I have to sell one pin to get it done.

So yesterday i played about 5-7 games on my WOZECLE. And I'm not sure if the gameplay is mine. The DI played much faster and smoother...

"My" Pros on WOZ:

- Many Toys
- Deep Code (may to deep?)
- a lot to do, keeping up modes running.
- usage for LED-Lightning is superb!!!
- Animations and sound is awesome

"My" cons on WOZ:

- The TNPLH-Ballsave drives me crazy
- There a not so many shots like DI.
- Multiball and playing the upper playfields is very exhausting

So maybe I'm not to firm with the rules and so I have not that fun, as i have on other pins.

What's your opinion in this case. Is DI better then WOZ?
Or how can i get more fun on WOZ?

Hope you can share your experience with me.

Thank you!

#2 6 years ago

Both are great games. Always try to keep as many JJP games as possible. WOZ offers something different then other pinball machines. So when it leaves a collection you will always be missing that speacil something. Hard to fill that void. Dialed in is a better game. Better shots and more of a in your face fast pinball experience. Dialed in is better in my opinion however my WOZ RR will never leave.

#3 6 years ago

Looking at your collection, I’d sell twd pro and met pro to get a di and have cash left over.

#4 6 years ago

Well, I like WOZ better. And if you hate TNPLH, shut it off. Plenty of ways to do that, from settings, or just disable the pop bumper at those targets.

However, seeing you own it, you know if it doesn't fit you well. And if it doesn't fit you, sell it and don't look back. Life is too short to own games you don't thoroughly enjoy.

#5 6 years ago

DI shoots great and I prefer the standard body play, but WOZLE is just special and has that IT factor. Tough call.

#6 6 years ago

Woz is definitely the better looking game but dialed in is the much better shooter. I'd sell woz, but I don't have one to sell so my opinion means nothing lol.

#7 6 years ago

Thank you for your comments.

So when i played DI shoots great and i liked the flow.

Maybe WOZ is not fit on me because, little things annoy me like TNPLH... or that it is brutal to play the upperplayfields during multiball.

And yes it's an absolutly nice looking unique machine.... But I'm not sure how to get connected with the game... It's hard to describe...
Most WOZ is played the least, but if we play WOZ it's an immersive experience...

I think DI could be more a keeper then WOZ

PS: I love all my other pins and they should stay...

#8 6 years ago

Its not the end of the world either way. You have had a lot of experience on the WOZ if you have not truly connected with it by now then it should be sold for another game that will bring you more/new enjoyment. You are in the hobby love it and let it go if the love was meant to be she will come back to you some day. Trust Me!

sell woz = Buy new pin =

#9 6 years ago

WOZ is a Keeper..

#10 6 years ago

Woz if you like slow games. Dialed in if you want a masterpiece of flow and shots

#11 6 years ago

If there is class in pinball it's WOZ.

#12 6 years ago

Personally I think the Woz is something to keep for the long haul.

I agree about TNPLH, when I play by myself which is often I just let it drain unless the throne shot is activated for extra ball. Then I go for that, or I"m having such a epic game I want to try to continue.

Half of what I own get played more than woz and the other half less. Most play goes to Hobbit & SM.

#13 6 years ago

I have owned both currently still have DI, which IMHO is a much better shooting table.
PS. The ting sound from the WOZ lanes was like nails on a chalk board to me.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The ting sound from the WOZ lanes was like nails on a chalk board to me.

REALLY? I always thought the bells and chimes from WOZ are very pleasant sounding!

#15 6 years ago

DI is possibly one of the best pins ever made and quite possibly Pats greatest game, enough said

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Maybe WOZ is not fit on me because, little things annoy me like TNPLH... or that it is brutal to play the upperplayfields during multiball.
And yes it's an absolutly nice looking unique machine.... But I'm not sure how to get connected with the game... It's hard to describe...
Most WOZ is played the least, but if we play WOZ it's an immersive experience...

WOZ is a fantastic game. TNPLH started to irritate the shit out of me as it does other owners. But, then I started learning the mode and went from a 5% completion rate up to probably a 35% completion rate per game. Being able to complete that mode in one try became very satisfying and I really love it now. The thing that finally pushed me over the edge to finally sell mine was #1 theme, and #2 I was getting to BTWW way too often yet felt the other wizard modes were too far out of reach comparatively speaking. Side note: that's also my #1 complaint on one of my favorite pins, TWD, horde horde horde and hardly ever any of the other wizard modes.

That all said, if you're done with WOZ, sell it and move on. DI is a fantastic machine. I had one on my radar and almost sold one of my pins to get it, but the recent update and where they're headed on rules Slowed down my pursuit as the new rules is what I mentioned earlier as it's my #1 complaints on TWD and WOZ in that seeing the new wizard mode will happen way too often compared to the others and there's no way to see the other wizard modes without going through the first one; so it's a bit linear in that aspect and actually worse than WOZ or TWD in that regard. Don't know if that makes senses or not, I still love both DI and WOZ but would certainly take DI over WOZ even though WOZ has better code and rules.

#17 6 years ago

WOZ all the way - a pin in a class of its own

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looking at your collection, I’d sell twd pro and met pro to get a di and have cash left over.

I'd concur with others ... keep WOZ. It would complement DI.

However, IMO Monster Bash would be the best title to sell. Sell now, before price falls significantly when the MBr is announced at TPF. If you want it back later, pick up an MBr HUO somewhere down the road ... IMO they're going to sell thousands of them, so supply and therefore prices shouldn't be too silly.

Could say the same of CC[r]. Supposedly that is aimed at 2019.

#19 6 years ago

just do it sounds like you like DI better

I enjoy DI more personally

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

DI is possibly one of the best pins ever made and quite possibly Pats greatest game, enough said

Right on brother!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Sounds like Op has already made up his mind......in the end, get the one you're going to enjoy the most..pretty simple.

Comparison wise, they are different games....for me...I'll never sell my WOZ, never own a DI

#23 6 years ago

have set the settings to easy. And now i made more progress. Deactivated tnplh and it work for me.

So i will wait till next year... And See what Pins come up next.

No rush to sell anything... Maybe woz growing of me. Tiday at dpo i hope to can play DI again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-vs-di and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.