Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1058[1].JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hello all

Well I have a few issues that started showing up.

1. Sometimes I boot up the game and there is no audio. Upon a reboot everything works

2. Yesterday I had some lights go out and when I lifted the pf they went back on. I checked everywhere for a loose connector and could not find one (picture attached in hopes that someone knows what connector I should be looking at

3. The damn left VUK is driving me nuts. Sometimes it will rocket a ball over the wire form. I test it, reposition, bend it and test and everything works. I even adjusted the coil strength down. Then for no reason the coil will just launch the ball across the PF. Seems to be a software glitch at this point. Also seems to happen in cystal ball mode and if the initial attempt to up kick falls back in the hole.

My guess is its software related, though I would like to adjust the wire form so it does not fly off the PF. I have had zero luck adjusting the wire form for any coil strength above 17

Any help would be appreciated

IMG_1058[1].JPGIMG_1058[1].JPG

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in your thread headers in the future.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

1. Sometimes I boot up the game and there is no audio. Upon a reboot everything works

2. Yesterday I had some lights go out and when I lifted the pf they went back on. I checked everywhere for a loose connector and could not find one (picture attached in hopes that someone knows what connector I should be looking at

1. This is a known audio issues that they have been addressing in patches, many folks have reported this.

2. Sounds like an LED RGB board blew. They are daisey chained so start with the first board in the chain that has not lights and work your way forward.

Also you might want to update to ver 1.23

#3 10 years ago

Contact Lloyd at JJP. I haven't heard of anything yet that he cannot solve.

#4 10 years ago

I would skip 1.23 at it appears to cause even more problems.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

+1. I never had those problems until I downloaded the last patch. But don't stop them coming JJP!! ;0)

#6 10 years ago

Any thoughts on the left VUK sometimes overpowering the coil which causes the ball to fly off the wire form?

Is this software related.

I must also note I had no problems prior to software V 1.22

#7 10 years ago

bump for the VUK issue question

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I've been running 1.23 since it was posted. What's the more problems? I havent had a lot of games since i updated it...to busy at work.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Khan:

Contact Lloyd at JJP. I haven't heard of anything yet that he cannot solve.

That isn't quite accurate. This happens. Then we go higher up the food chain.

LTG : )

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

First check for loose connector, then look for loose wire in a connector.

If that doesn't do it, it looks like W6 is working, then work your way up the LED chain to #29, #1, #2, #3 etc. to find the first one out. Replace the first one out and you'll be good to go.

Page C-50 in the manual helps you see where boards are mounted under the playfield and which way harnesses run.

They are wired in series, kind of a straight line. Find the last one working and next one up that is out is the bad board.

LTG : )

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I've been running 1.23 since it was posted. What's the more problems? I havent had a lot of games since i updated it...to busy at work.

Rules not working, inserts not working, bugs, that sort of thing.

#12 10 years ago

Actually the sound is a 1.23 bug as is the coil rocketing. Reinstall the 1.22 full and both those problems will go away.

I found an issue with the delta update for 1.23 which on occasion causes incomplete writes from memory to disk causing certain files we normally write to fail (settings / coils ). This will be fixed in 1.24+ but I recommend going to 1.22 full.

#13 10 years ago

Hello alex,
do you know the date of the release of the 1.24 code?
thank you

#14 10 years ago

Just my 2 cents - I'm not sure if the left VUK (crystal ball area) issue is software related. I played a local woz months and months ago and it would occasionally launch the ball right off the wireform for the left VUK. For some reason it seemed to really go nuts with it when I was playing, just a fluke but wierd!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Just my 2 cents - I'm not sure if the left VUK (crystal ball area) issue is software related. I played a local woz months and months ago and it would occasionally launch the ball right off the wireform for the left VUK. For some reason it seemed to really go nuts with it when I was playing, just a fluke but wierd!

Strange I have never had it happen.

#16 10 years ago

mine will occasionally launch it super hard making it fall of the wire guides and roll down the plastic and below the popbumper and drain which results in me violently shaking the machine until it tilts as payback.

had the glass off this new machine making adjustments more than any new machine I've ever owned. wouldn't wanna operate this sucker. hopefully once it's dialed in and software is better, it can be played more than fixed and tweaked.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Rules not working, inserts not working, bugs, that sort of thing.

Gotcha thanks. I think I'll hang with 1.23 until the next release.. which I hope is soon and fixes those problems.

#18 10 years ago

Looks like I'll stick with 1.22 as well for now. Hope that 1.24+ is coming soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-need-help-after-v-122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.