(Topic ID: 78417)

WOZECLE June 19th 2011 order Game #344 Waiting a little longer Thanks everyone!

By JIM_Z

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JIM_Z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131215_161707.jpg
IMG_20131215_161702.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Not a joke.
Sooooo many people were proud and excited to pre-order WOZ's (( If I had the coin, I would have been one of them)), and knew that this was a brand new company with EXPECTED bumps and possibly rough road ahead.
And now the same folks are bailing after 2 + years. Now we see who actually has/had the CAJONES to stick with this risk/reward decision.
Why do you need us to pull you off the fence? Can't you make your own financial/entertainment decisions based on the literally HUNDREDS of threads on the same subject?

CAJONES? Of course you have to use machismo to push back because logic fails to justify it. All you have to do is read all the problems people are having and that's one good reason to bail. The other is the game is nearly done. Some love it some really don't.

#52 10 years ago

You mean COJONES?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Why do you need us to pull you off the fence? Can't you make your own financial/entertainment decisions based on the literally HUNDREDS of threads on the same subject?

I can make my own decisions but to make an educated one requires information that JJP is obviously not willing to provide. The frustration just sucks,it has been a long "journey".........

Thanks to the owners that said they are having only normal problems,i think what bugs me the most is the thought of finally getting the game and it having problem after problem. I do not play my games that often and if every time i went to play it something else went wrong i would probably put it in the car and bring it back to JJP.

I have played the game 3 times over the years,i get it..............

#54 10 years ago

I had these same feelings I sold mine ordered the same date as a matter of fact the day Metallica was shown. I got a chance to play a real production woz and it was a blast - then the second time I was like wow is this game not for me. Sell sell sell. One major reason was I could not look at the game with out having anger over the entire experiance - now featuring technician issues get out!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Thanks to the owners that said they are having only normal problems,i think what bugs me the most is the thought of finally getting the game and it having problem after problem.

Hey Jim, I totally agree that it helps to make wise and "educated" decisions, understanding options A, B and C, I preach it every day.

The beauty of this decision is that you now have an Option B, C, D, etc. Don't like JJP, go to Stern, SkitB, Jpop, Heighwey, PPS, P3, and more on the way.

If you think you are guaranteed perfection out of the box on any pin you should head on over to the Metallica threads. But you already know better with the amount of pins you have.

Does it simply make some common sense to you that the more pins that roll off the line, the better they get at fixing the issues that crop up, and that having a later version would have less to zero issues?

Mine was "born" in late September, I've played the crap out of it, and have had to adjust one switch.

Maybe you should wait for #2 or #3 if it bothers you that much. GL with your decision

Btw, the Ac/dc you thinking about, is sitting next to my Woz, and while I love my Ac/dc, it gets a little "stale" the more you play it, that's why I'm changing up song play list to keep it fresh. Doesn't happen with Woz for me yet. There are plenty of left ramp/right ramp plus one spinner games out there as well.

And the other one you are considering, "educate" yourself by reading all of those Metallica threads first.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I can make my own decisions but to make an educated one requires information that JJP is obviously not willing to provide. The frustration just sucks,it has been a long "journey".........
Thanks to the owners that said they are having only normal problems,i think what bugs me the most is the thought of finally getting the game and it having problem after problem. I do not play my games that often and if every time i went to play it something else went wrong i would probably put it in the car and bring it back to JJP.
I have played the game 3 times over the years,i get it..............

I don't blame you for how you feel. I really think JJP has done themselves a disservice by not being open about the issues people are having. I have one and enjoy it but there is a sense that something is not going to work every time I turn it on. I own routed 20+yr old games that I never doubt will be 100% evey time I flip the switch.

#57 10 years ago

TaylorVA

Thanks for keeping it real sir

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

To quote the Shawshank Redemption

Interesting you brought this up. I was thinking of some other imagery from that movie that sums up the preorder process as well.....

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

TaylorVA

Thanks for keeping it real sir

Yeah, you should listen to this Curly guy Jim, he has so much experience with Woz "Keeping it real sir" is that its a great pin and I don't see Taylor VA selling his either. Sucks that he's had some problems like some of the other early run folks.

Out of 700 or so out there, shit happens, it sucks……..what really sucks is the people that don't have theirs yet.

Here you go Op, no Curly crapping in that thread…….

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-wozecle-blown-away

#60 10 years ago

I'm not selling mine as I do think it is an incredible game and the tech support has been spot on. Just sharing my understanding for the OPs mindset.

#61 10 years ago

Thanks you for your comment on pinside and all the pm's,wow great bunch of people we have on pinside.

I think i am going to have to give it a little more time,the wife and kids really want this game. It's the biggest reason for wanting to get it and the biggest reason for the frustration. Over and over when is WOZ going to get here. Then hearing that disappointment.

It really helps to hear about the games that are not having problems. I have had lot's of pins and i know what to expect getting a game just right. I know they usually do not come out of the box problem free.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I think i am going to have to give it a little more time,the wife and kids really want this game. It's the biggest reason for wanting to get it and the biggest reason for the frustration. Over and over when is WOZ going to get here. Then hearing that disappointment.

Haha! Yep, heard that for 2 1/2 years, kids didn't believe it was ever gonna happen. So worth the wait and if the wife and kids are a consideration then its a "no brainer". When you finally unbox it and everybody gets to play it, you'll be so glad you kept it.

This is the only game that my wife and 3 girls will play now.

#63 10 years ago

Good choice!

#64 10 years ago

Jim Z... My WOZ had basically no problems in 400+ games played.
The game is stunning to look at and challenging to play! I am sure your family will love it.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jim Z... My WOZ had basically no problems in 400+ games played.

Thanks

#66 10 years ago

Jim,
Just remember one thing, the action of pinball is totally unpredictable. Therefore no matter if its a JJ, Stern or older manufacturer, there's always the chance of a fluke happening.
There's simply no way to eliminate every issue from every game.
There have been so many Wizard of Oz units to hit the market now and there's ton of support for issues.
You will be rewarded with such a nice machine when it comes and I'm sure your wife and kids will love it.
Just remind yourself things may go wrong. No biggie. Just part of a fun of owning a pin

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

Jim,
Just remember one thing, the action of pinball is totally unpredictable. Therefore no matter if its a JJ, Stern or older manufacturer, there's always the chance of a fluke happening.
There's simply no way to eliminate every issue from every game.
There have been so many Wizard of Oz units to hit the market now and there's ton of support for issues.
You will be rewarded with such a nice machine when it comes and I'm sure your wife and kids will love it.
Just remind yourself things may go wrong. No biggie. Just part of a fun of owning a pin

I know i have had my share of pinball problems,got to talk to Stern on more the 1 game.

Thanks

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, you should listen to this Curly guy Jim, he has so much experience with Woz "Keeping it real sir" is that its a great pin and I don't see Taylor VA selling his either. Sucks that he's had some problems like some of the other early run folks.
Out of 700 or so out there, shit happens, it sucks……..what really sucks is the people that don't have theirs yet.
Here you go Op, no Curly crapping in that thread…….
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-wozecle-blown-away

Ice

Please keep it real sir (or epic)

#69 10 years ago

I was in and out two different instances. I was lucky to get a good deal a third time and I couldn't be happier. I have had a few issues. No biggie. It's and outstanding game. I love mine and can't see a situation where I would get rid of it. Outstanding game.

#70 10 years ago

Well the investors maybe helping as Jack posted a pic of the production line full. May have been standards but the good news is its moving now. Guess the backordered parts and cabinets magically arrived when the money did ; )

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well the investors maybe helping as Jack posted a pic of the production line full. May have been standards but the good news is its moving now. Guess the backordered parts and cabinets magically arrived when the money did ; )

Time will tell.

#72 10 years ago

With the refunds given I wonder if you can order EC LE's from jack again now? A few spots seem to have opened up for when production of the LE's commence again.

#73 10 years ago

It's a great game and I'm having a blast with mine. However there have been problems with it and that's expected with a pinball machine, especially with the first one by a new company. Rules still need a lot of work though. There are just so many little things that need work on this game. But still it's really fun and has a lot of potential.

About selling your spot. I wouldn't do it if I were you. It does nothing to send a message to JJP for their poor planing and misleading information over the years. In fact it helps JJP if you get a refund. They will just sell your spot that you paid $6500 for and sell it for $8,000 or $8,500, or whatever the latest price is.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It's a great game and I'm having a blast with mine. However there have been problems with it and that's expected with a pinball machine, especially with the first one by a new company. Rules still need a lot of work though. There are just so many little things that need work on this game. But still it's really fun and has a lot of potential.
About selling your spot. I wouldn't do it if I were you. It does nothing to send a message to JJP for their poor planing and misleading information over the years. In fact it helps JJP if you get a refund. They will just sell your spot that you paid $6500 for and sell it for $8,000 or $8,500, or whatever the latest price is.

I would not go with a refund for just that reason. What is getting me now is the shipping out of order. I called JJP today for the first time in over 21/2 years,did i get answers? Not really.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-june-19th-2011-order-game-344-on-the-fencepush-me-off-8500/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.