(Topic ID: 79346)

WOZECLE first week issues so far (Solved)

By arcadenerd925

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140204_164625_491.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Question - and I don't mean in particular JJP, but rather pinball manufacturers in general:
It seems the accepted practice for pinball machines malfunctioning out of the box is for the user to make all these adjustments, grinding, replacing boards, etc themselves. What other manufacturer of anything this expensive requires the end user to correct all of the malfunctions themselves and/or replace parts themselves? When you buy anything else remotely this high in price, electronics etc - it would be a ruckus for a TV manufacturer to ask you to pull off a panel and check the solder on something, when you buy a car and something inside is rubbing or making a noise - the manufacturer doesn't ask you to troubleshoot, etc. They all either send someone out to repair it, send you a replacement, etc. Why aren't pinball manufacturers held to this standard of a new item? Or will they actually do this for you (send someone out to install a new board, etc) if asked? Yes we all know most in this hobby know how to work on their machines, and enjoy it in many cases - but that shouldn't mean that these corrections are, at the end of the day, the manufacturer's responsibility to take care of themselves? Just interested in hearing thoughts on this ..

Just a reminder: pinball machines are commercial products, NOT consumer products. (notice those coin mechs?) Most operators know they need tech skills (or a good tech on staff) to maintain them. It's great that pinball makers are responsive to the need for replacement parts. but these are complex electromechanical systems with processor control that get a lot of abuse in normal usage. fixing the little things will always be a part of pinball ownership. honestly, i still think that if you're afraid to get under the pf, you shouldn't own a pin. unless you have a tech nearby and are willing to pay. again, these are not consumer products, even though they have become popular with a niche market of collectors. nothing can be done to make pinball machines maintenance-free.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Just a reminder: pinball machines are commercial products, NOT consumer products. (notice those coin mechs?) Most operators know they need tech skills (or a good tech on staff) to maintain them. It's great that pinball makers are responsive to the need for replacement parts. but these are complex electromechanical systems with processor control that get a lot of abuse in normal usage. fixing the little things will always be a part of pinball ownership. honestly, i still think that if you're afraid to get under the pf, you shouldn't own a pin. unless you have a tech nearby and are willing to pay. again, these are not consumer products, even though they have become popular with a niche market of collectors. nothing can be done to make pinball machines maintenance-free.

Yes, I agree that not only pinball machines, but nothing can be made maintenance-free. Which goes back to my original questions about warranty work. Also, I'd be interested to know what percentage of machines at the current time actually are commercial versus purchased for home use - just out of curiosity. Are we close to 50% bought for HUO? I would think pins like WOZ are actually much more HUO than commercial.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-first-week-issues-so-far/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.