IMG_20140130_195821_668.jpg
IMG_20140130_210236_773.jpg
IMG_20140130_195845_060.jpg
IMG_20140130_210816_151.jpg
IMG_20140130_212532_003.jpg
IMG_20140130_212541_649.jpg
IMG_20140131_064508_035.jpg
IMG_20140130_154626_835.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

To those who had their pin shipped via common carrier, i have a few questions:

1. I'm not sure if the carrier (ABF) will hand truck it into my house, if he doesnt, it's on me. I have my own normal size hand truck (we're not talking one of those giant appliance ones with the wraps, but i have move a rifle safe with it b4) is this doable for me and one helper to hand truck in ourselves? Place is single story, so nothing crazy in the way.

2. to unpack, i assume you tip it down to lay flat on the ground with the "hand truck this side" being the side on the ground, correct? i dont really care about saving the box, so i assume you attempt to slide out or cut the box open?

I assume the rest i'll find out via manual.

Sorry for the newb questions, first NIB pin for me.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks guys, many good and helpful points being mentioned.

Luckily the only door I have to get through is the front, which is wider of course, so I will look up the box dimensions (I didnt even think about that, heh, just assumed) and then its a straight shot back to my office/bonus room where this baby will sit next to the TSPP.

Hopefully ABF dude will bring it in (I'll have tip ready just in case to entice, heh) but if not, I will throw my hand truck under it and gauge my confidence level, if its low, maybe I'll just truck it into the garage, assemble it there, and then bring it in with the legs on *shrug*.

Also, i like the idea mentioned of just leaving it upright on the crate, cutting the truck this side part off and then putting (I assume the front) legs on.

I will also check out the youtube videos as well.

Thanks! (will follow this thread in case any other good ideas come up)

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Touche. Good point. Hopefully he bought back in May or June of 2011 and not from someone else.

I honestly would have, but I am a recent "pinhead" getting a TSPP as an xmas 2013 surprise. Which lead to this purchase. So I ended buying it from a distributor (automated services), I assume I paid too much considering the current used market (or what you guys paid) but the "NIB, in stock and ships tomorrow" made me feel warm and fuzzy at night.

I would have loved to pull the trigger on the 75th model, but the fact that it is a pre-order, and seeing how long you guys had to wait (delays and all), made me reluctant, which is why I ended up going down the path I did.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Show some pics when you can....Congrats.

I plan to, super excited. thanks for all the continued tips everyone.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you get one that was made between October and now.

Yea, thats one of the first things I asked after reading all the stuff with the 5v boards, confirmed from distributor that it has the newer boards and power supply, but I plan to confirm this on receipt.

#31 10 years ago

np, i see your point, with the majority of threads on here about where the F is my WOZECLE, this one kinda sticks out. I have changed the thread title to:

"WOZECLE (from Distr) being delivered Thurs, moving/unpacking question"

#33 10 years ago

Delivered and setup... man that thing is a TANK. Holy crap, luckily my neighbor down the street was home and came down to help us move it.

My plan to bribe the delivery driver to bring it inside was foiled when he backed the truck partially into my driveway in a manner that essentially blocked more than half the street giving me the pleasure of standing out there waiting for him to get the pallet jack out and bring it down off the truck while seeing neighbor after neighbor give me dirty looks as traffic backed up, lol. So I opted to just have him drop it off on the porch to get him out of there asap and clear the street up again.

Took a bunch of pics and have several thoughts and opinions on how it went.

Start new thread or post here to keep the clutter down to a min?

#37 10 years ago

Ok, so first things first, i saw crumples around the box where it looked like someone used straps to truck it at some point in its lifetime. I went ahead and had the truck driver note the box damage just to be safe. The box/pallet fit in through the door jam with a little bit of room (without removal of door so that was nice at least) and we trucked it back to my office/game/room/baby play area, heh.

IMG_20140130_154626_835.jpgIMG_20140130_154626_835.jpg

I opted not to save the box, so I cut it away starting at the "truck this side". One thing I will say, as you cut the box away, be VERY careful when you get to the other sides. The backbox is not far from the corners and there is nothing protecting it while you cut things away. Luckily i noticed this as I was cutting the box away.

IMG_20140130_195821_668.jpgIMG_20140130_195821_668.jpg
IMG_20140130_195845_060.jpgIMG_20140130_195845_060.jpg

Rather than try and hold it up while my wife bolted on the back legs we had some big heavy buckets (one filled with paint, the other with paver sand) that we just covered with a soft blanket and we used that as the "stand" to support it while we put the back legs on. I'm glad we went this route as this thing is a TANK, I was not expecting it to be that heavy.

IMG_20140130_210236_773.jpgIMG_20140130_210236_773.jpg

Got it upright and looked at the stuff stuck to the PF glass, mentioned earlier in this thread, I was expecting to see something about packing material on the PF itself, but I could find none. This had me a bit paranoid as other had said non-removal of it could damage the machine. Looked and looked and couldnt find anything. took the glass off and brought up the PF to take a closer look. still nada so i figured they must have stopped doing that?

IMG_20140130_212532_003.jpgIMG_20140130_212532_003.jpg

A few minor gripes: The glass was a bit dirty, and to be expected on the outside being crated and shipped and all, but there were some marks and smudges on the inside of the glass:

IMG_20140130_210816_151.jpgIMG_20140130_210816_151.jpg

Luckily it just whiped off, there a few other marks in other areas (by the balloon) but since they whiped off I figured they wernt picture worthy.

There was also a small nick (id say half an inch in size) on the inside of the cabinet, where its painted black directly underneath the glass. Would have been nice if they would have just touched that up with some black paint b4 shipment.

On the back box, one side where the tin man is, towards the back where the side seam meets the back of the back box, there is a small white line, but it doesn’t look damaged as its under some sort of clear coat, perhaps just a small artwork printing issue? I didn't take a pic yet as I havent decided how "nit picky" I will be about this stuff.

Anyways, cleaned off the balls, dropped them in. Moved it towards its new home and levelled it out. Powered it up and wifey tested her out. It came installed with version 1.23 btw. I will be updating it when I get home tonight.

IMG_20140131_064508_035.jpgIMG_20140131_064508_035.jpg

I know I had a few gripes above (i'd like to see a little better QC), but I don’t want that to detract from the sheer amazement at this thing. It is simply, beautiful..

IMG_20140130_212541_649.jpgIMG_20140130_212541_649.jpg

Watching the game progress, the sounds, the graphics (and i assume its even better in 1.25) just blew us away. Overall, I am extremely happy with the purchase so far. Course, now I actually need to play it. By the time all this got done and It was my turn to play, I was half awake just wanting to get some sleep. Should be a fun weekend ahead.

I hope those who prepaid get theirs ASAP and I hope it lives up to their expectations. Feel free to ask me any Q's.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The packing material is at the back of the playfield between the pf and cabinet. It is only visible if you slide the pf out like in your picture. It was attached to the pf or cabinet I forget but there are two pieces of foam attached there you need to remove.

Yea i looked and didnt see anything. Just the screw that drives the monkey and all the cables and what not. And then I didnt see any mention or warning taped to the glass, so I'm assuming i'm good to go.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Before you play your game, you need to find the packing material so that it doesn't muck up your monkey mechanism. You have to pull out the playfield and look behind the end of it. There should be two foam blocks back there behind the back wall of the playfield.

Hrmmm, ok, I think this warrants a second look. will do so when I get home.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Oops, too late.

Would it be totally obvious if i was looking at the monkey screw-drive mechanics? or is it kinda hidden.

#45 10 years ago

build date was 12/18/13 Unit#478

can you elaborate on the white LED's part?

#50 10 years ago

oh ok, I didnt look, but I confirmed with automated that it has the new 7.5v LED's (and PS) but I plan to double check just to be sure.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Not all that close to the monkey I don't think so look towards the ends of the pf.

Was there some kinda warning about it taped to the PF glass?

I'll take another look tonight, but if its there, and there was some kind of damage, Jack can send me a new one, heh. (since there was no mention of it anywhere in the packing details/instructions)

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Thanks for posting your experience. Corgrats on a new pin.

Thanks, i feel its important to share experiences both good and bad. At least it provides for some reading material for those bored at work on a Friday.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I think it was mentioned in the unpack instructions and I had seen other mentions too. As I recall the foam is there to stop the top of the pf from hitting the cabinet. I remember reading one person left it in for a while with no harm done.

ok cool, thanks. will check again tonight and update later.

#61 10 years ago

Weird, i looked this evening and there was nothing back there.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Have you tested it and played a game?

Yeah, its played mostly fine, i say mostly, im about to start a thread about that here in a sec.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-being-delivered-thurs-movingunpacking-question?tu=arcadenerd925 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.