IMG_20140130_195821_668.jpg
IMG_20140130_210236_773.jpg
IMG_20140130_195845_060.jpg
IMG_20140130_210816_151.jpg
IMG_20140130_212532_003.jpg
IMG_20140130_212541_649.jpg
IMG_20140131_064508_035.jpg
IMG_20140130_154626_835.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

To those who had their pin shipped via common carrier, i have a few questions:

1. I'm not sure if the carrier (ABF) will hand truck it into my house, if he doesnt, it's on me. I have my own normal size hand truck (we're not talking one of those giant appliance ones with the wraps, but i have move a rifle safe with it b4) is this doable for me and one helper to hand truck in ourselves? Place is single story, so nothing crazy in the way.

2. to unpack, i assume you tip it down to lay flat on the ground with the "hand truck this side" being the side on the ground, correct? i dont really care about saving the box, so i assume you attempt to slide out or cut the box open?

I assume the rest i'll find out via manual.

Sorry for the newb questions, first NIB pin for me.

#2 10 years ago

I would not attempt this without a serious dolly with straps

#3 10 years ago

if its cold outside let the game sit and get warmed up before you start a game...just in case game was sitting in elements for awhile

#4 10 years ago

I just cut the box too, there are very good unpacking instructions inside the box on top.

Basically you cutoff the side of the box that exposes the bottom of the game, put the front legs on the game an d tip it right out of the box. It was a peice of cake. Moving it is another story, I got mine in the house by myself but it wasn't easy! Also lifting the back to put on the back legs was a bitch even with two people! It's a heavy sucker. Also if you don't notice the note on the glass about the packing material inside behind playfield make sure you take the glass off and remove that packing material. It can damage the monkey mech and that is not on the instruction sheet as of yet I don't think...

Great Game Congrats!!!!

#5 10 years ago

You may find it does not fit through some doorways in the box, even with doors removed. I had to un-box my standard in a hallway then get through a narrow door. The box dimensions are on jjp website I believe. It is very heavy, but if you don't have any major stairs etc, it is doable with 2 people. One on the hand truck, the other guiding from the front.

I cut the box with it standing on end, (Backbox side down). That makes it easy to put on front legs, stand it up, then put on back legs. Again, a google search on Pinball un-boxing will show videos on youtube that go through the process. The manual is on disc, no paper manual was provided, at least with a standard, not sure on LE.

#6 10 years ago

Just read the first section of the manual and pay attention to the instructions taped to the playfield glass. Even though your dolly isn't for appliances, it will work. I would make sure to have some cheap harbor freight straps to strap whatever you're moving to the dolly. Take your time and you'll be fine.

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_2_2_Oct_2013.pdf

#7 10 years ago

If you don't care about keeping the box, leave it standing up. Cut open the side that says "truck this side."

This might be one of those deals where if you had your location show up when you post, someone close might reach out to come help you.

Good luck.

#8 10 years ago

The directions should be in plastic pouch on outside of box, at least that's how mine was I believe.

And you and another guy should have no problem with a dolly. I was way to impatient when I received mine and couldn't wait 4 hours till one of my friends could help so decided to put it on dolly and take down basement by myself. I DO NOT recommend trying that! It sucked major arse but once I got passed first step no turning back! Lol!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

To those who had their pin shipped via common carrier, i have a few questions:
1. I'm not sure if the carrier (ABF) will hand truck it into my house, if he doesnt, it's on me. I have my own normal size hand truck (we're not talking one of those giant appliance ones with the wraps, but i have move a rifle safe with it b4) is this doable for me and one helper to hand truck in ourselves? Place is single story, so nothing crazy in the way.
2. to unpack, i assume you tip it down to lay flat on the ground with the "hand truck this side" being the side on the ground, correct? i dont really care about saving the box, so i assume you attempt to slide out or cut the box open?
I assume the rest i'll find out via manual.
Sorry for the newb questions, first NIB pin for me.

You'll be lucky if the carrier leaves it anywhere besides the street. It will be fine on a regular hand truck with a helper and without stairs. If you want to keep the box, get yourself 8' of schedule 40 (the thick kind) of 1" PVC pipe, hack it into pieces an inch or two wider than the game. Lay the box down, open the top, remove the stuff packed on to and beside the game, then lift the game up, push a PVC under the game far as you can and another closer to the front. Pull the game out with the game on the PVC like they are rollers. If you don't want to keep the box, just cut it away from the game.

#10 10 years ago

Whoa! Don't take it out! It's worth more in the box!

#11 10 years ago

Thanks guys, many good and helpful points being mentioned.

Luckily the only door I have to get through is the front, which is wider of course, so I will look up the box dimensions (I didnt even think about that, heh, just assumed) and then its a straight shot back to my office/bonus room where this baby will sit next to the TSPP.

Hopefully ABF dude will bring it in (I'll have tip ready just in case to entice, heh) but if not, I will throw my hand truck under it and gauge my confidence level, if its low, maybe I'll just truck it into the garage, assemble it there, and then bring it in with the legs on *shrug*.

Also, i like the idea mentioned of just leaving it upright on the crate, cutting the truck this side part off and then putting (I assume the front) legs on.

I will also check out the youtube videos as well.

Thanks! (will follow this thread in case any other good ideas come up)

#12 10 years ago

Thanks guys, many good and helpful points being mentioned.

Except my dopey one.....

#13 10 years ago

We unboxed mine in my friends front room, went up about 10 steps to his front door, would not recommend even trying it without at least 2 people, we had 3 and it was tough!!

The actual unboxing was pretty easy, just put it on the rug, truck side down, opened the top of the box and slid the game out, (I wanted to keep the box) From there pretty standard, front legs first then back, (get help picking it up to put the back legs on unless you like the emergency ward ). Best piece of advice I can give you is to take your time, we rushed because about 10 people were there saying "hurry up we want to play it", and subsequently missed the part about the shipping blocks in the back of the playfield. Luckily didn't do any damage, but easily could have.

Enjoy your game, it rocks!!!

#14 10 years ago

Congrats. I'm just glad to hear that someone is getting one. 90 days (ish) is progressing along and no word yet for me.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Congrats. I'm just glad to hear that someone is getting one. 90 days (ish) is progressing along and no word yet for me.

But... getting one from where?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

But... getting one from where?

Touche. Good point. Hopefully he bought back in May or June of 2011 and not from someone else.

#17 10 years ago

I too am really glad that a WOZLE is shipping. I know I still have more time to go but...

#18 10 years ago

Show some pics when you can....Congrats.

#19 10 years ago

U. S. Grant might help the delivery guy get it into the house. He's a very influential gent.

#20 10 years ago

Be sure to put soft washrags or hand towels under whatever straps you use where they hit the edges of the cabinet. The straps will chew the hell out of your artwork of your cabinet or powdercoated side rails.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa! Don't take it out! It's worth more in the box!

That's what she said!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

That's what she said!

Turns out Jar Jar IS God. Hysterical!

#23 10 years ago

Also, i like the idea mentioned of just leaving it upright on the crate, cutting the truck this side part off and then putting (I assume the front) legs on.

This is standard, and it works pretty easily. But you WILL need 2 people to lift the back (onto a stool/support) to get the back legs off. This coming from a guy who had no problem handling my WWFRR by myself.

Quoted from dgpinball:

The actual unboxing was pretty easy, just put it on the rug, truck side down, opened the top of the box and slid the game out, (I wanted to keep the box) From there pretty standard, front legs first then back, (get help picking it up to put the back legs on unless you like the emergency ward ). Best piece of advice I can give you is to take your time, we rushed because about 10 people were there saying "hurry up we want to play it", and subsequently missed the part about the shipping blocks in the back of the playfield. Luckily didn't do any damage, but easily could have.
Enjoy your game, it rocks!!!

This isn't the standard way, and if you don't want to 'preserve' the box (LOL), then it is easiest to keep it upright and cut the 'truck' side of the box down. The instructions provided are pretty good. But yeah, do take our time!

#24 10 years ago

Touche. Good point. Hopefully he bought back in May or June of 2011 and not from someone else.

I honestly would have, but I am a recent "pinhead" getting a TSPP as an xmas 2013 surprise. Which lead to this purchase. So I ended buying it from a distributor (automated services), I assume I paid too much considering the current used market (or what you guys paid) but the "NIB, in stock and ships tomorrow" made me feel warm and fuzzy at night.

I would have loved to pull the trigger on the 75th model, but the fact that it is a pre-order, and seeing how long you guys had to wait (delays and all), made me reluctant, which is why I ended up going down the path I did.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Show some pics when you can....Congrats.

I plan to, super excited. thanks for all the continued tips everyone.

#26 10 years ago

I honestly would have, but I am a recent "pinhead" getting a TSPP as an xmas 2013 surprise. Which lead to this purchase. So I ended buying it from a distributor (automated services), I assume I paid too much considering the current used market (or what you guys paid) but the "NIB, in stock and ships tomorrow" made me feel warm and fuzzy at night.
I would have loved to pull the trigger on the 75th model, but the fact that it is a pre-order, and seeing how long you guys had to wait (delays and all), made me reluctant, which is why I ended up going down the path I did.

I hope you get one that was made between October and now.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you get one that was made between October and now.

Yea, thats one of the first things I asked after reading all the stuff with the 5v boards, confirmed from distributor that it has the newer boards and power supply, but I plan to confirm this on receipt.

#28 10 years ago

It is a great pin. Enjoy it!

#29 10 years ago

Make sure that the delivery truck has a lift gate. If it does not, you will have no way of getting it down. Secondly, the game comes in a box with a pallet built in on the bottom. Dolly it into your house while it is still in the box while putting the dolly on the 'Truck this Side' side of the box. The game will be easier to handle if you leave it standing up. After you open the box, take out the legs and other packing materials. In that group of items, you will find instructions for assembling the game. The instructions aren't that clear in some parts, so it may take a while to get it together.
Howie

#30 10 years ago

Damn, opened this thread thinking LE production has finally resumed, but find out it was another LE bought off the shelf. C'mon Jack, - WTF?!
Not to derail the OP - congrats on the game, and on not having to go through all the pre-order BS. You may have paid a bit more, but the agony saved is priceless.
Well played!

#31 10 years ago

np, i see your point, with the majority of threads on here about where the F is my WOZECLE, this one kinda sticks out. I have changed the thread title to:

"WOZECLE (from Distr) being delivered Thurs, moving/unpacking question"

#32 10 years ago

I got mine down a stairways in the box. Even with a "jog" at the top of the stairway. There were three of us. We used an appliance dolly. The trick was we had a "refrigerator" strap and the guy at the top guided it. Two of us at the bottom simply glided it down the stairs.

JJP's website has the instructions for set up posted. We slid it out of the box, no reason to cut the box apart. When you get it up on the legs and ready to go, remember to remove the foam blocks that cushion the playfield. It helps to have a couple friends around when you set it up on the legs, it is heavy.

Enjoy the journey.

#33 10 years ago

Delivered and setup... man that thing is a TANK. Holy crap, luckily my neighbor down the street was home and came down to help us move it.

My plan to bribe the delivery driver to bring it inside was foiled when he backed the truck partially into my driveway in a manner that essentially blocked more than half the street giving me the pleasure of standing out there waiting for him to get the pallet jack out and bring it down off the truck while seeing neighbor after neighbor give me dirty looks as traffic backed up, lol. So I opted to just have him drop it off on the porch to get him out of there asap and clear the street up again.

Took a bunch of pics and have several thoughts and opinions on how it went.

Start new thread or post here to keep the clutter down to a min?

#34 10 years ago

Start new thread or post here to keep the clutter down to a min?

I would think you keep this one going

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I got mine down a stairways in the box. Even with a "jog" at the top of the stairway. There were three of us. We used an appliance dolly. The trick was we had a "refrigerator" strap and the guy at the top guided it. Two of us at the bottom simply glided it down the stairs.

I just slid my WOZ down the stairs right in the box. I had a buddy help me, but once you get it going, you really only need one person below it to control the descent. This is how I do it with all my NIB pins.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just slid my WOZ down the stairs right in the box. I had a buddy help me, but once you get it going, you really only need one person below it to control the descent. This is how I do it with all my NIB pins.

I think I'll take this approach on my next NIB! I've always used a dolly but this sounds pretty simple. Thanks!

#37 10 years ago

Ok, so first things first, i saw crumples around the box where it looked like someone used straps to truck it at some point in its lifetime. I went ahead and had the truck driver note the box damage just to be safe. The box/pallet fit in through the door jam with a little bit of room (without removal of door so that was nice at least) and we trucked it back to my office/game/room/baby play area, heh.

IMG_20140130_154626_835.jpgIMG_20140130_154626_835.jpg

I opted not to save the box, so I cut it away starting at the "truck this side". One thing I will say, as you cut the box away, be VERY careful when you get to the other sides. The backbox is not far from the corners and there is nothing protecting it while you cut things away. Luckily i noticed this as I was cutting the box away.

IMG_20140130_195821_668.jpgIMG_20140130_195821_668.jpg
IMG_20140130_195845_060.jpgIMG_20140130_195845_060.jpg

Rather than try and hold it up while my wife bolted on the back legs we had some big heavy buckets (one filled with paint, the other with paver sand) that we just covered with a soft blanket and we used that as the "stand" to support it while we put the back legs on. I'm glad we went this route as this thing is a TANK, I was not expecting it to be that heavy.

IMG_20140130_210236_773.jpgIMG_20140130_210236_773.jpg

Got it upright and looked at the stuff stuck to the PF glass, mentioned earlier in this thread, I was expecting to see something about packing material on the PF itself, but I could find none. This had me a bit paranoid as other had said non-removal of it could damage the machine. Looked and looked and couldnt find anything. took the glass off and brought up the PF to take a closer look. still nada so i figured they must have stopped doing that?

IMG_20140130_212532_003.jpgIMG_20140130_212532_003.jpg

A few minor gripes: The glass was a bit dirty, and to be expected on the outside being crated and shipped and all, but there were some marks and smudges on the inside of the glass:

IMG_20140130_210816_151.jpgIMG_20140130_210816_151.jpg

Luckily it just whiped off, there a few other marks in other areas (by the balloon) but since they whiped off I figured they wernt picture worthy.

There was also a small nick (id say half an inch in size) on the inside of the cabinet, where its painted black directly underneath the glass. Would have been nice if they would have just touched that up with some black paint b4 shipment.

On the back box, one side where the tin man is, towards the back where the side seam meets the back of the back box, there is a small white line, but it doesn’t look damaged as its under some sort of clear coat, perhaps just a small artwork printing issue? I didn't take a pic yet as I havent decided how "nit picky" I will be about this stuff.

Anyways, cleaned off the balls, dropped them in. Moved it towards its new home and levelled it out. Powered it up and wifey tested her out. It came installed with version 1.23 btw. I will be updating it when I get home tonight.

IMG_20140131_064508_035.jpgIMG_20140131_064508_035.jpg

I know I had a few gripes above (i'd like to see a little better QC), but I don’t want that to detract from the sheer amazement at this thing. It is simply, beautiful..

IMG_20140130_212541_649.jpgIMG_20140130_212541_649.jpg

Watching the game progress, the sounds, the graphics (and i assume its even better in 1.25) just blew us away. Overall, I am extremely happy with the purchase so far. Course, now I actually need to play it. By the time all this got done and It was my turn to play, I was half awake just wanting to get some sleep. Should be a fun weekend ahead.

I hope those who prepaid get theirs ASAP and I hope it lives up to their expectations. Feel free to ask me any Q's.

#38 10 years ago

The packing material is at the back of the playfield between the pf and cabinet. It is only visible if you slide the pf out like in your picture. It was attached to the pf or cabinet I forget but there are two pieces of foam attached there you need to remove.

#39 10 years ago

Before you play your game, you need to find the packing material so that it doesn't muck up your monkey mechanism. You have to pull out the playfield and look behind the end of it. There should be two foam blocks back there behind the back wall of the playfield.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The packing material is at the back of the playfield between the pf and cabinet. It is only visible if you slide the pf out like in your picture. It was attached to the pf or cabinet I forget but there are two pieces of foam attached there you need to remove.

Yea i looked and didnt see anything. Just the screw that drives the monkey and all the cables and what not. And then I didnt see any mention or warning taped to the glass, so I'm assuming i'm good to go.

#41 10 years ago

Oops, too late. I just got mine before Christmas and they were still included.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Before you play your game, you need to find the packing material so that it doesn't muck up your monkey mechanism. You have to pull out the playfield and look behind the end of it. There should be two foam blocks back there behind the back wall of the playfield.

Hrmmm, ok, I think this warrants a second look. will do so when I get home.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Oops, too late.

Would it be totally obvious if i was looking at the monkey screw-drive mechanics? or is it kinda hidden.

#44 10 years ago

arcadenerd, what is the build date?
Does it have the white LEDs? Serial number?

Thanks

#45 10 years ago

build date was 12/18/13 Unit#478

can you elaborate on the white LED's part?

#46 10 years ago

As I recall it is on the sides. It is grey so not that obvious and not that visible. Mine was a 31 Oct build. I did not see it at first.

Enjoy the game it is a blast!

#47 10 years ago

With a build date in December it should have the white LEDs which are the 7.5 volt version.

#48 10 years ago

Not all that close to the monkey I don't think so look towards the ends of the pf.

#49 10 years ago

serial number?

#50 10 years ago

oh ok, I didnt look, but I confirmed with automated that it has the new 7.5v LED's (and PS) but I plan to double check just to be sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-being-delivered-thurs-movingunpacking-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.