• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21D7C942-D899-4DEF-8F19-44D6BD1423DC (resized).jpeg
A96E4101-2C25-4C8B-B7F3-B58BFB1A9F53 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I just picked up a WozEC and it worked fine when I bought it. I brought it home and now it flashes No Signal Input. I called JJP support and they said I should try and jump the CPU board. I have attempted to jump start the CPU using the paperclip method described on JPP's support video, however the game is still not booting up. I checked the connectors, and nothing seems loose anywhere. Any idea where I should look next?? Thanks

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

I just picked up a WozEC and it worked fine when I bought it. I brought it home and now it flashes No Signal Input. I called JJP support and they said I should try and jump the CPU board. I have attempted to jump start the CPU using the paperclip method described on JPP's support video, however the game is still not booting up. I checked the connectors, and nothing seems loose anywhere. Any idea where I should look next?? Thanks

Is the computer starting at all?

i.e. fan turning lights on the pc boards?

If not, it could be a loose power connector on the computer.

Either the 24 pin or the 4 pin near the cpu chip.

Or a blown fuse.

#3 3 years ago

I have not checked the fuses. I will. The fan does not run on start up. Only when I jump the main power pins (Green and Black) does the fan turn on. Also, when I just the pins the back box lights up.

#4 3 years ago

All the fuses are good.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

The fan does not run on start up. Only when I jump the main power pins (Green and Black) does the fan turn on. Also, when I just the pins the back box lights up.

Apologies if this is redundant information to you.

#wizard-of-oz uses a computer. The message “no signal input” means your monitor isn’t getting a video signal. This is usually because the computer hasn’t started. When you MOMENTARILY short the power pins you are stimulating pressing the start button on your PC. You should not be shorting the pins constantly just as you don’t hold down the power button on your PC. It will turn off after about four seconds if you do.

You said the fan starts up when you short some pins. Is the computer not booting at that point? If not, what is happening after the fan starts?

#6 3 years ago

On the video from JJP support, they say to leave the paperclip inserted until code starts to appear on the screen, then remove the paperclip. When I perform the evolution, I can't get the code to boot. I tried like you said to just momentarily short the green and black wires on the 24 pin and the fans stopped and nothing happened.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

On the video from JJP support, they say to leave the paperclip inserted until code starts to appear on the screen, then remove the paperclip. When I perform the evolution, I can't get the code to boot. I tried like you said to just momentarily short the green and black wires on the 24 pin and the fans stopped and nothing happened.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

The pins they are shorting are the reset. The pc won't boot if a jumper is left on the reset pins.

The pc however will boot if the power switch pins are jumpered only momentarity and the jumper removed as soon as the fan starts.

The same power switch pins that start the pc also shut it down if the jumper is left on.

Short press of the switch = on
Long press of the switch = off.

So, there are 2 sets of pins we can deal with.

Reset pins
Power switch pins.

Both are 2 pins in the little area labeled fp or front panel.

If you look carefully on the edge of the pc main board they are labeled

Power and reset.

On a failed boot JJP has recommended doing a reset.

Powering the game on with reset pins jumpered.

Power off the game, remove jumper and power the game back on to see if it boots.

#8 3 years ago

On a failed boot (CPU fan not running), several things are in play.

Loose ram
Loose power connector near cpu (4 pin) loose 24 pin (atx) connector.

No power getting to mainboard.

Bad switch that stays pressed down or is incorrectly plugged onto reset instead of power etc.

It seems you are getting power so maybe loose ram or loose or incorrectly installed power switch connector.

1 year later
#9 2 years ago

I’m getting the same exact thing but all the fans (cpu fan) are running - the 27” screen just says “no signal” then goes off and the screen is black with nothing.

I sent an email to support on it but any help would be appreciated

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

I sent an email to support on it but any help would be appreciated

Do you get the splash JJP screen when you turn the game on ? If not, the motherboard isn't starting. Power supply issue ?

LTG : )

#11 2 years ago

When I turn it on, the “no signal” appears on the screen - all fans are running (3) but it does not boot up as usual. Screen just stays black. I did however changed out the 2032 cpu coin battery thinking that it might be dead (based on JJP vid) but still no iOS boot up. I tried the paper chip method but still nothing.

Quoted from LTG:

Do you get the splash JJP screen when you turn the game on ? If not, the motherboard isn't starting. Power supply issue ?

#12 2 years ago

Sent you a pm or 2 lol

Quoted from LTG:

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

When I turn it on, the “no signal” appears on the screen

No signal means motherboard isn't doing anything.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No signal means motherboard isn't doing anything.

Yup. LTG is on this! When was the last time the battery was changed?

#15 2 years ago

mine does same thing, power supply shouldn't go bad with a machine that has 300 games on it.

#16 2 years ago

Changed out the 2032 coin style battery as well. Still nothing.

Jp.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Yup. LTG is on this! When was the last time the battery was changed?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The pins they are shorting are the reset. The pc won't boot if a jumper is left on the reset pins.
The pc however will boot if the power switch pins are jumpered only momentarity and the jumper removed as soon as the fan starts.
The same power switch pins that start the pc also shut it down if the jumper is left on.
Short press of the switch = on
Long press of the switch = off.
So, there are 2 sets of pins we can deal with.
Reset pins
Power switch pins.
Both are 2 pins in the little area labeled fp or front panel.
If you look carefully on the edge of the pc main board they are labeled
Power and reset.
On a failed boot JJP has recommended doing a reset.
Powering the game on with reset pins jumpered.
Power off the game, remove jumper and power the game back on to see if it boots.

A96E4101-2C25-4C8B-B7F3-B58BFB1A9F53 (resized).jpegA96E4101-2C25-4C8B-B7F3-B58BFB1A9F53 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#18 2 years ago

JJP customer service is top notch

21D7C942-D899-4DEF-8F19-44D6BD1423DC (resized).jpeg21D7C942-D899-4DEF-8F19-44D6BD1423DC (resized).jpeg
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

JJP customer service is top notch
[quoted image]

so, what was the fix?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so, what was the fix?

JJP sent a new motherboard.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP sent a new motherboard.

was you the guy that diagnosed it lloyd?

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

was you the guy that diagnosed it lloyd?

No. I believe he was working with Barry.

#23 2 years ago

Call JJP support which is located under the website, fill out the support form - serial number, problem, contact info etc. and they will get ahold of you. Mine was under warranty and yes it was the mother board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozec-no-signal-input-?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.