(Topic ID: 56795)

WozEC LE Got to play it for my first time... My thoughts......

By BigB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lyerelian
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glorious-boobs-gifs-monkey.gif
1311219974607.gif
3de6f_ORIG-bump.gif
thumbs_up_britgif.gif
funny-original-gif-invisible-tricycle-.gif
IMG_3056.jpg
IMG_3041.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
stirthepot.gif
IMG_20130713_222342_483.jpg
IMG_20130713_220146_218.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

On the way to Niagara Falls, the wife and I diverted an hour+ in each direction up to the Playdium all he way up in Toronto just to play WOZ. I was going to start a thread about it, but I haven't done so because it seems that most WOZ lead to fighting. For the life of me I can't understand why, but I guess that's why I'm not one of the ones arguing. I have no dog in the fight. I can't afford a WOZ.

We were intending to just stop in and play for a little while, but we ended up staying for something like 4 hours just taking turns on WOZ!!! We absolutely loved it, even though it seemed to be really early code. Going in, I thought it was going to be awkward, cluttered, annoying, and a whole host of other negatives, but I ended up feeling exactly the opposite way about it. I also thought I would hate the upper playfields because I almost always hate upper playfields, but these I thought were really well integrated. I had zero desire to play any other pins while we were there and neither of us could get enough of WOZ.

From the LCD screen, to the LED light show, to the layout, to the toys, to the overall fun factor, this is a pin that drew us into it's reality like no other. I can't wait to play one with updated code. Again, I'm not a Stern person, a DE/Sega person, a Gottlieb person, a JJP person, or an anything else person. That all being said, I feel that JJP has just raised the bar in a major way. The evidence of that will be when Stern copies features and elements of WOZ. Who could blame them? It's awesome!

The actual game play of any pin is going to be ENTIRELY a matter of opinion, just as theme will be, and both will be different from one pin to the next with JJP just as it is with Stern, but the elements that add to the experience without affecting game play are what make this one so far ahead of the curve. IMG_3039.jpgIMG_3039.jpg IMG_3041.jpgIMG_3041.jpg IMG_3056.jpgIMG_3056.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozec-le-got-to-play-it-for-my-first-time-my-thoughts?tu=PurpleTophat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.