Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Just because someone put money down, should someone put WOZ as an "owned" game before it has even come out?”

• Yes 91 votes
    48%
  • No 100 votes
    52%

(191 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat-jump-fail.gif
8e7c97f93fdf.gif
troll_0_of_10.jpg
24609476.jpg
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 years ago

You can't own that which doesn't exist.
I'm sick of doublespeak .

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm sick of doublespeak .

"I'm gonna go get the papers...the papers."

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Are you guys seriously arguing about this?

Troll poll.

#54 11 years ago

Jarjar are you back or just show up of WoZ polls?

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Where the hell have you been man? That is my reason right there, superstition.

Needed a bit of a pinbreak. Now I'm recharged and ready to roll!

Quoted from rai:

Jarjar are you back or just show up of WoZ polls?

Back for now. Only found my way into this and an X-thread so far. You end up taking the WOZ plunge?

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That was Robin's decision to set it up to put the game on the collection before it arrived and it is his site, his site his rules

That is why I went ahead and did it. I don't think it matters at all, but I did it.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

The real question is, should the game be in the Pinside database if it doesn't exist yet?

Robin's site, he put it there so the answer is yes!

#58 11 years ago

I thought it might be a close vote, especially judging by the comments, but 61 votes to 61 votes...

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Practice:

I thought it might be a close vote, especially judging by the comments, but 61 votes to 61 votes...

This poll is like the freaking BCS...we'll never get a true winner!

#60 11 years ago

Field goal by the haters.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You end up taking the WOZ plunge?

I just couldn't resist that colorful play field and those ruby flippers.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

"I'm gonna go get the papers...the papers."

Jimmy Two Times. Classic

#63 11 years ago

I paid for it, I own it. It's not just yet in my home. It's in 'storage'.
Mike

#64 11 years ago

I vote yes. Some people saying its the best game made, others complaining about it. People trying to buy it, people trying to sell it. People talking about MODs for it. Sure sound like a game in the collection to me!

#65 11 years ago

Money down probably not but who really cares.

Paid in full on the other hand you own the machine it just has not been shipped yet.

Just my opinion

#66 11 years ago

Well said EJS!

#67 11 years ago

Moved to JJP

#68 11 years ago

Woz is a pinball , have you guys seen some of the production shot of machines coming down the line , well that is a pinball , it may be half made three quarters made whatever but you have paid for something that you can already touch............

Wont be long and it will be a complete pinball.......

JJP its first pin of many quality to come......

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Mike

Are you saying yours has been built?

#70 11 years ago

Yeah, I own it. It's being shopped...

#71 11 years ago

How can I get the last 30 seconds of my life back

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Mike

It's in pieces on a shelf!

#73 11 years ago

I think that it is fair to say that WOZ has progressed well beyond the "vaporware" stage. It is a game, it is not just a pipe dream. Just about everyone (except a very few doubters) expects the games to actually be delivered. Subcontractors are producing parts and production facilities exist. Jack sent out a few seconds of footage of a real working game last night with a promise of more tonight.
Yep, it's a game.
Yep, I ordered it.
Yep, I own it.

#74 11 years ago

I'd love to bet Iceman but 1 you won't pay off and you'll look for loop holes to get out. 2nd it's not a $50 dollar bet, $1000! Most of us know you're so off base with your claims it's not worth the time to even respond to you. You're under the influence of the "Cool-Aid" and fail to realize what's going on around you. Ice would you consider the game at E3 a test game? You would, I wouldn't. It was a scam game, put out there to trick people!! It had dry wall screws and no operating system!! God only knows what "Frankenstein" JJP will release to get the masses off his back! BTW it's mid Aug and the same story, NO GAMES to be seen anywhere! Oh ya it's now Sept and they are getting ready to get one out there in 2 weeks! REALLY? Ice keep talking and maybe you'll get it right.

#75 11 years ago

I'm superstitious. Nothing gets added to my collection until it is in my possession, or at least in my company's warehouse.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I'd love to bet Iceman but 1 you won't pay off and you'll look for loop holes to get out. 2nd it's not a $50 dollar bet, $1000! Most of us know you're so off base with your claims it's not worth the time to even respond to you. You're under the influence of the "Cool-Aid" and fail to realize what's going on around you. Ice would you consider the game at E3 a test game? You would, I wouldn't. It was a scam game, put out there to trick people!! It had dry wall screws and no operating system!!

Obviously this is some sort of conspiracy. How far do you think it goes?

Have you figured out how WOZ ties into 9/11 or chemtrails yet? ; )

#77 11 years ago

Well, the game already exists, the parts just aren't all fitted yet. There's really not too much difference from my other pins being shopped out (also a bunch of parts lying around) - only that WOZ is located somewhere else, namely in Jacks warehouse.

But seriously, I added it to the Pinside archive so we could build a Pinsiders WOZ owners list, check it out here: http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/wizard-of-oz/owners

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm superstitious. Nothing gets added to my collection until it is in my possession, or at least in my company's warehouse.

I agree .. i dont mind that its on pinside at all, i just wont add it in my pinside collection to its in my basement next to my other games! because you never know if it makes it to the basement, I may sell it NIB box to exejet for 25k because he will be drooling to get one after it's out

#79 11 years ago

Whatever the haters find most annoying sounds good to me.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I agree .. i dont mind that its on pinside at all, i just wont add it in my pinside collection to its in my basement next to my other games! because you never know if it makes it to the basement, I may sell it NIB box to exejet for 25k because he will be drooling to get one after it's out

Funniest post I have read in weeks!

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

1 you won't pay off and you'll look for loop holes to get out. 2nd it's not a $50 dollar bet, $1000!

Wait....what!....I don't think so....and of course its a $1,000 bet, your time is running out though buddy because update is coming today from the UK so its put up or shut up time...

Since you think the pin will never be made it should be in the bag for you....

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

buddy because update is coming today from the UK so its put up or shut up time...

? From the Uk?

#83 11 years ago

He is referring to the UK Pinball Party. I don't know if Jack is going there or not based on the WOZ newsgroup. I think it is more likely that he is presently traveling to or from the Illinois Midwest campus where he could film the game that Keith added the new software to, but I could be totally wrong.

Either way, Jack said that an update will be late today.

#84 11 years ago

I sincerely hope it's a real test game, not a half baked "work in progress" slight of hand just to get the winged monkey off his back (been suffering through 2 years of that already).

If JJP does well we ALL win. There will be sweet JJP machines to buy, new cool competing Stern titles to buy & the out of production titles will drop in cost in the secondary market making it less painful to buy those too. I can see my collection going from 7 to 21 real quick

Fingers crossed its a legit test game!

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Jack sent out a few seconds of footage of a real working game last night with a promise of more tonight

What?!?! I am on the WOZ list and did not see it. Is that where he sent it?

#86 11 years ago

It wasn't released publicly yet. I have it and its fantastic!.. although i can't provide any details. Its coming today or tomorrow.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It wasn't released publicly yet. I have it and its fantastic!.. although i can't provide any details. Its coming today or tomorrow.

So it did not go to WOZ owners is what you are saying, just a select few?

#88 11 years ago

Not yet abso.. but shortly Trust me you wont be disappointed.

#89 11 years ago

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Not yet abso.. but shortly Trust me you wont be disappointed.

Very hard to disappoint me, these are games in the end and I always try to remind myself that. Pretty easy when I see my brother (single guy) get mad about a scratch in his truck or his bike. Nothing of real value (family) in his life.

Edit: Looks like RodT put a clip up while I was typing. Looks like a pin to me, not sure because I did not see any drywall screws.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Have that one as well. That ones cool because it shows the RGB GI lighting and working software as you can see the score incrementing and interactions with the playfield changing the display accordingly.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Very hard to disappoint me, these are games in the end and I always try to remind myself that. Pretty easy when I see my brother (single guy) get mad about a scratch in his truck or his bike. Nothing of real value (family) in his life.
Edit: Looks like RodT put a clip up while I was typing. Looks like a pin to me, not sure because I did not see any drywall screws.

LOL.. Exejet complaint special.. What a tool that guy is.

#93 11 years ago

So why are only particular people being sent videos? Are we not special enough?

#94 11 years ago

No thats not it at all. Everyone is getting the same information

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Have that one as well. That ones cool because it shows the RGB GI lighting and working software as you can see the score incrementing and interactions with the playfield changing the display accordingly.

Indeed, it all looks very cool! I wish that the video quality was (a lot) better.

#96 11 years ago

Don't put the info out until I get Ez on the hook!.....Of course he's disappeared...

I'll paypal my dough to someone on here for escrow...both of us can...

#97 11 years ago

Honestly guys the game will likely be onsite at iplay in the next week or so.. The same f*cking time im in Arizona for work.. go figure. Thats ok ill take the following monday off to pump money in.. If thats the case Ill put $50 worth of credits in the machine for any/all pinsiders who show up.. 50 games amongst us should be sufficient

#98 11 years ago

The real update is coming tonight or tomorrow. Jack was traveling and was going to update after he arrives where ge is going.

#99 11 years ago

OK Iceman. Way too criptic for me $50. 1 game by next week working on site with no problems until Sept 1.
At that point one of us pay pals the other.

#100 11 years ago

I wouldn't take that bet Hwa..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.