047C26A0-3948-41A6-B645-D351F968AFA7 (resized).jpeg
F25755E2-E6E9-4CB4-A96D-0DB21DB44F9E (resized).jpeg
BB1D9888-2B52-422B-A8B8-380D306D1209 (resized).jpeg
54F6CEEF-8734-48A3-90D9-B7EF1301593E (resized).jpeg
2A3BF88E-89C2-473C-A186-A0C189B8125F (resized).jpeg
8E4EE73D-5EC9-485B-9876-AC57D60A59BE (resized).jpeg
spongebob (resized).jpg
Screen-Shot-2017-05-01-at-11.17.09-AM (resized).jpg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Really ? Let me guess any latest Stern is
The best game ever ? Have you looked closely st that shit ? JJP builds a beautiful product, yes it’s expensive but at least
It’s the real deal the way a game should be built

I’m not referencing any Stern or any JJP. I specified the YBR version of WOZ. The price is ridiculous.
Let me guess, reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I own a Smaug and agree that the materials used by JJP are much better than anything found on the more recent Stern machines that I own.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Really ? Let me guess any latest Stern is
The best game ever ? Have you looked closely st that shit ? JJP builds a beautiful product, yes it’s expensive but at least
It’s the real deal the way a game should be built

Totally agree. You will have your Stern lovers!

1 week later
#53 5 years ago

OK, so the missing monkey, I am just curious is the game still has the "ball capture" feature which is in the other versions of WOZ? I am referring to when the ball magnet locks at the top of the game, and the monkey comes down, grabs the ball and takes it up to the castle (Dorothy Capture). That is a nice piece of theme integration.

#54 5 years ago

Yes but it’s a virtual lock and the single door at the top no longer opens since the ball never gets up there. The rules and such are the same and rescue multiball is still there and the double doors and vuk behind them are still there.

#55 5 years ago

Game looks ok to me. I saw this in Texas. The trim color does work for me but may be liked my others. The playfield is cool for sure. I would still never sell my Emerald edition with butter graphics. One of the best looking versions and it was only $6500!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

OK, so the missing monkey, I am just curious is the game still has the "ball capture" feature which is in the other versions of WOZ? I am referring to when the ball magnet locks at the top of the game, and the monkey comes down, grabs the ball and takes it up to the castle (Dorothy Capture). That is a nice piece of theme integration.

Yeah, the orbit magnet is also used to drop the ball into the top lanes which may be the only reason its still there on the YBR edition.

2 weeks later
#57 4 years ago

Going to order one up ! And get that monkey off my back !!!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Going to order one up ! And get that monkey off my back !!!

and on a Monday morning nonetheless!

#59 4 years ago

Ha ha ha ! Will you really miss the monkey ?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ha ha ha ! Will you really miss the monkey ?

Not really.

It's a cool feature but doesn't impact game play.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Not really.
It's a cool feature but doesn't impact game play.

It creates a physical lock behind the doors that you have to bash open to save dorthy. I think thats a big deal. How is it handled in the code now?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It creates a physical lock behind the doors that you have to bash open to save dorthy. I think thats a big deal. How is it handled in the code now?

Ball just stays on the magnet until the video ends then drops back into play.

It doesnt impact over all game play that much.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ball will be held by magnet above rollover lanes as usual, animation will play and then ball will be released to playfield.

#64 4 years ago

Biggest problem is that you cannot upgrade it with the more than perfect Flying Monkey mod from Steve

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Biggest problem is that you cannot upgrade it with the more than perfect Flying Monkey mod from Steve

How true!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Why come here and bash. You don't even own any JJP so STFU and go back to your Stern Fan Club.

Don't be an ass and if you must then be right he owns a JJP TH though I must say I have never seen a collection so large with no Bally/Williams

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Don't be an ass and if you must then be right he owns a JJP TH though I must say I have never seen a collection so large with no Bally/Williams

Welcome to the party. I was all ready informed he had a Hobbit.... and a stern habit.

#68 4 years ago

I LIKE the yellow ... but I probably like the Green more...

1 week later
#70 4 years ago

Gary is a great distributor....buy with confidence

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Can't make the show and want to order a WOZ YBR ? Email Joe at [email protected] !
[quoted image]

why are you trolling someone else's for sale ad?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why are you trolling someone else's for sale ad?

Pretty sad indeed.

#73 4 years ago

LOL It's not a for sale ad - I didn't even know who started it - and Gary and I are best of friends fyi... A for sale ad post is linked to a game ad placed in the market place and this is not one of those or I would say you are right, it's a post about the game and info when it was revealed. The title just says WOZ YBR. Just letting folks know the game will be at the show for those who want to see it. We get asked all the time when / where they can play new titles. But again, I didn't see what the first post was so no intent there but still it's not a post linked to a for sale marketplace ad.

I'll reach out to Gary and if he says remove my post the games at Allentown I'll remove it... I think that's overboard but no intent here to be a jerk - thought it was just he 'YBR' thread.

#74 4 years ago

ok I just text with Gary and his response is 'I don't care, Joe'... So... I changed my ad text above the picture copy for you with a little humor... So folks can go see the game at the show if that's of interest, then call Gary to buy one ! We work together a lot so that's how much he or I care about competing with each other. If not good enough I'll just delete it, not a big deal to me or him. But I appreciate you guys looking out for him. But again, it's not a for sale marketplace ad created post, so I would have never even thought that. If it was then yes, it's a different story.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

ok I just text with Gary and his response is 'I don't care, Joe'... So... I changed my ad text above the picture copy for you with a little humor... So folks can go see the game at the show if that's of interest, then call Gary to buy one ! We work together a lot so that's how much he or I care about competing with each other. If not good enough I'll just delete it, not a big deal to me or him. But I appreciate you guys looking out for him. But again, it's not a for sale marketplace ad created post, so I would have never even thought that. If it was then yes, it's a different story.

Joe, I almost emailed you to tell you "I think you missed that you were posting on Ab's post" but I never did as I know you wouldn't troll and probably just missed that this was Gary's for sale post. But I forgot this is Pinside and thus I should've emailed you!!! BTW can I borrow your sharpener ... pitchfork is getting dull

Nonetheless GLWTSaleS !!!

#76 4 years ago

It's all good... LOL... I get it - but it wasn't a 'marked' FOR SALE from Marketplace ad so I wouldn't have ever thought that... I'm just going to remove it - not biggie. I don't want anyone thinking that was the intent and just easier to eliminate it than argue with people. Gary doesn't care but I get it... Gary and I talk / text about every other day many times, I certainly wouldn't do that anyone let alone to him. Wasn't intentional just informing folks who may want to find one to see / play in what I thought was the WOZ YBR thread as that's what the title is... Many times people ask where I'll have stuff or what locations, parties, shows a certain game is going to be especially when new. That's all figured I was giving an announcement about it moreso. Anyway drama over ! : )

1 week later
#77 4 years ago

Out of curiosity - have these YBRs started showing up on-site yet or is it still too soon? Sorry, I'm not on top of the production schedule.

#78 4 years ago

Does the YBR come with art-blades ?
I’ve seen a pic showing it

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Out of curiosity - have these YBRs started showing up on-site yet or is it still too soon? Sorry, I'm not on top of the production schedule.

Yes, they are in stock and ready to go.

Quoted from whitey:

Does the YBR come with art-blades ?
I’ve seen a pic showing it

Yes, they come with art blades installed.

#80 4 years ago

I’ll be damned.... in just 2 pages of this thread, this Pinball has been called:

-Ridiculous
-Piece of shit
-Dog piss
-Overpriced
-Banana with no monkey
-That lost the best toy(the monkey)
-That it doesn’t look good
-Worst Idea ever
-Abomination
-etc.

So, thanks for your honesty with this one fellas... I’m In to buy my 1st JJP in this LE Yellow! I was thinking about a Ruby Red, but we all have different tastes fortunately and I simply like the Yellow WOZ a lot! There’s games out there that honestly I don’t like at all, but since I was born I don’t like to criticize nobody’s taste at all ...(I have no idea why, but that’s a fact!)

Anyway, It will be placed besides the sofa that I have with yellow cushions, I’m so happy fellas, and I’m glad to live in a free country to do whatever I want with my own Money

8E4EE73D-5EC9-485B-9876-AC57D60A59BE (resized).jpeg8E4EE73D-5EC9-485B-9876-AC57D60A59BE (resized).jpeg
#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’ll be damned.... in just 2 pages of this thread, this Pinball has been called:
-Ridiculous
-Piece of shit
-Dog piss
-Overpriced
-Banana with no monkey
-That lost the best toy(the monkey)
-That it doesn’t look good
-Worst Idea ever
-Abomination
-etc.
So, thanks for your honesty with this one fellas... I’m In to buy my 1st JJP in this LE Yellow! I was thinking about a Ruby Red, but we all have different tastes fortunately and I simply like the Yellow WOZ a lot! There’s games out there that honestly I don’t like at all, but since I was born I don’t like to criticize nobody’s taste at all ...(I have no idea why, but that’s a fact!)
Anyway, It will be placed besides the sofa that I have with yellow cushions, I’m so happy fellas, and I’m glad to live in a free country to do whatever I want with my own Money [quoted image]

CONGRATZ!! =)

Don’t worry about how others feel. It’s just noise..

Enjoy YOUR game!

1 week later
#82 4 years ago

Beautiful translite, beautiful art blades, the color simply amazing!
2A3BF88E-89C2-473C-A186-A0C189B8125F (resized).jpeg2A3BF88E-89C2-473C-A186-A0C189B8125F (resized).jpeg54F6CEEF-8734-48A3-90D9-B7EF1301593E (resized).jpeg54F6CEEF-8734-48A3-90D9-B7EF1301593E (resized).jpegBB1D9888-2B52-422B-A8B8-380D306D1209 (resized).jpegBB1D9888-2B52-422B-A8B8-380D306D1209 (resized).jpegF25755E2-E6E9-4CB4-A96D-0DB21DB44F9E (resized).jpegF25755E2-E6E9-4CB4-A96D-0DB21DB44F9E (resized).jpeg047C26A0-3948-41A6-B645-D351F968AFA7 (resized).jpeg047C26A0-3948-41A6-B645-D351F968AFA7 (resized).jpeg

FDFE924D-0852-4AD8-B19D-595308228C64 (resized).jpegFDFE924D-0852-4AD8-B19D-595308228C64 (resized).jpeg
#83 4 years ago

Looks great. Congratulations!!

2 weeks later
#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Beautiful translite, beautiful art blades, the color simply amazing!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

spectacular game room rolls-royce , i don't know if there is room for another pin. though I can see why you went with the yellow now
wheres the blue one?

#85 4 years ago

Looks amazing. Nice gameroom btw rr.

#86 4 years ago

I actually like the yellow, but definitely don't like the price and the fact JJP removed the monkey (which is very cool)....

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I actually like the yellow, but definitely don't like the price and the fact JJP removed the monkey (which is very cool)....

You don't want to pay more and get less mechanics in the game?!

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks amazing. Nice gameroom btw rr.

Thanks Dr-Pin, I appreciate that.

Quoted from Dragon:

spectacular game room rolls-royce , i don't know if there is room for another pin. though I can see why you went with the yellow now
wheres the blue one?

Thank you Dragon, actually I was thinking about a Monster Bash L.E. In that nice electric blue. About the space, you’re right my friend, I have space barely for just 2 more games...

1. Just besides the Arcade.
2. Far from the other games but it is a nice spot at the entrance of my basement (actually I installed an outlet there for that future game), I was expecting probably a "Superman(1978) Pinball" in front of the Superman figure that I have in the wall.

Quoted from PtownPin:

... the advantage for me is that I never played the game before, I just read the comments about the monkey and I know that’s extremely cool, but it won’t be missed in my particular case. I’m pretty sure that if a play an Emerald, Standard or a RR I will know what I’m missing ... because everyone mentions that.

Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Honestly (just my own Point Of View) I pay for a beautiful game with different upgrades which are very nice to have...
I like the new translite a lot!, the yellow ramps, the glossy decals, that new topper looks amazing, wood apron, golden and yellow details in the PF, plus the yellow looks very nice with my other games.
I know that the YBR edition it is not a Collector’s, but I think that this game it will be very limited anyway(I’m not sure if 200 or 500 it will be the quantity at the end).

Thank you,
Regards fellas.

7BF496E9-1450-4FB0-8F3E-F3BFF9D4816D (resized).jpeg7BF496E9-1450-4FB0-8F3E-F3BFF9D4816D (resized).jpeg31369544-41E7-4078-B49A-5C595AAC2010 (resized).jpeg31369544-41E7-4078-B49A-5C595AAC2010 (resized).jpeg16A8A7BA-FD6B-49D3-BE1C-0C9A74CA063B (resized).jpeg16A8A7BA-FD6B-49D3-BE1C-0C9A74CA063B (resized).jpeg563D6D48-A2FD-40DA-85BC-9B7E2EB94281 (resized).jpeg563D6D48-A2FD-40DA-85BC-9B7E2EB94281 (resized).jpeg
#89 4 years ago

thanks rolls royce that was fun , all your pins are great choices , i do like the yellow sparkle machine its attractive in the room and i'll bet it looks great where ever it is placed , the superman is a cool idea with all the new machines in the collection those old school pin's are a fun alternative game they have the tabulating point counting after the ball has drained like a gambling machine thats paying out. and if its in great shape its fun to look at them. I don't see superman to often so that would be a nice choice

2 months later
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Indeed. Played the standard version of this game at the Myrtle Beach Pinball Museum Today and the flying monkey was pretty cool.

Trying to understand what the additions are that make this cost more than the Red 75th anniversary edition. Not bashing. Just seriously deciding which one to buy. I like the topper on the red better. Also the site I saw, the red comes with a shaker motor and this one does not?

Where is the extra cost coming from?

#91 4 years ago

Is there a matrix of sorts that shows the differences between Emerald, Ruby Red, 75th and YBR versions?

1 week later
#92 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Indeed. Played the standard version of this game at the Myrtle Beach Pinball Museum Today and the flying monkey was pretty cool.
Trying to understand what the additions are that make this cost more than the Red 75th anniversary edition. Not bashing. Just seriously deciding which one to buy. I like the topper on the red better. Also the site I saw, the red comes with a shaker motor and this one does not?
Where is the extra cost coming from?

one difference i think i heard was the relocation of the electronics that were under playfeild like power and power switch up into the head , another is the metal sparkle paint and i think the playfield has this colored sparkle effect . i think the yellow art looks great , its target market might be more for collectors than players

#93 4 years ago

Any clear coat issues on this game to speak of?

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Any clear coat issues on this game to speak of?

Same issues as potc. I have a ybr and same issues.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Bummer...

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

wow even YBR? daaaaaaaaaaamn.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

what is it thats going on with the playfeild clear coats?

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Bummer for sure, especially since none of the previous WOZ had these issues. Something must have changed at JJP there is no way it appeared randomly

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Noooooooooo!!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Bummer for sure, especially since none of the previous WOZ had these issues. Something must have changed at JJP there is no way it appeared randomly

Haha imagine this. 2k+ more expensive and you get an uglier yellow, no monkey and now pf issues. Well done jjp.

Man they have been pissing me off lately. Wonka was the beginning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-yellow-brick-road-le-/page/2?hl=ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.