Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Please forgive me if this has been covered someplace but I have searched high and low and can’t find. Question on WOZ YBR fuse number 710 on mother board keeps blowing - it controls upper playfield castle doors and VUK - I’ll get a few plays/games outta a new fuse and then it will blow again.

Things i have done to try and figure out:
I
have the correct fuse. I have taken the upper playfield out and completely disassembled (several times BTW its a pain in the arse) to “check” and everything looks rights and there’s nothing that prevents anything from moving that would blow a fuse. I have replaced the fuse - Went into menu and manually fired the coils a bunch of times hoping to get it to blow with no luck. Nothing seems amiss with the coils or wiring

It’ll blow at the most random of times. Sometimes I’ll get a bunch of games outta it with nothing (where I get it up to upper playfield smash the snot out of doors shoot the VUK). Other times after a fuse swap I’ll hit the castle door a few times and the fuse will blow

I know when the fuse blows because the castle doors will remain about 1/8 open - just enough that if I hit them with the ball the ball will go by and fall into VUK but because the fuse is blown the VUK won’t kick the ball out. When the machine goes into ball locate mode castle doors will attempt to fire but they only open about 1/4 and the VUK won’t kick the ball

Any idea or suggestions I’m all ears. I have emailed JJP above few days ago and haven’t heard back

Thanks

2 months later
#2 11 months ago

Sorry to re-post Loyyd sent a reply and I hadn’t gotten around to taking the upper playfield out to try his solution. I vaguely remember him mentioning using electrical tape on the underside of playfield to prevent a ground/short issue - but I can’t remember where he said to put it

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

but I can’t remember where he said to put it

Tops of the steel lane guides under there or on the motor poles.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ybr-question- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.